Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am getting ready to start building a facade for the front of the house this year and i am thinking of using the blue insulation foam with my dremel like i did for my fcg crypt. The problem i am having is trying to decide on a look for it.
I am no artist, i have an idea of some basic things i want in the facade but not sure of an overall look for it.I have my actual measurements right now but no access to post a picture right now. The facade will be a total of 26' long and i need the panels to be 8' high. Looking at the house from the left side i need to come over 29" to the front step opening,the step opening needs to be 32".
Then i need 5' over to where i would like to have a window measuring 4' that i would like to use hallowindow there running.From the oposite side of the 4' hallowindow opening i then need another 4' to where i would like the last 8' to be an open area of the porch that i use to set up prop scenes every year.
Basically the window area that i want to put the hallowindow area in is right in front of the actual front door to the house. If there are any artists out there that would like to give this a shot and give me some good ideas i would be very greatful. Or if there are any sites with pictures of different facades that i could get some ideas from. I think if i had some picture for reference i can build this into something respectful. I have been wracking my brain trying to think of what i can do, so i decided to turn to all the talent here in this pool. If i cant get ideas from you guys,then i sure wont get them from anyplace else.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I guess another question you need to answer or ask yourself is what theme do you have for your haunt. Do you need something 'generíc' because you change up your theme every year or do you pretty much have the stuff theme every year....for instance pirates. That would make a big difference on what type of facade you'd want to design.

MsM

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The area where i want to put the hallowindow is right where the actual house door is located. The blue foam i will be using is the 1 or maybe 2" foam. I do want something like a typical haunted house or old mansion look. money is always an object but i think a facade will be very benificial to the look of the haunt so i can work on it slow if need be. I just really want to have a good look decided on before i even think about getting supplies to build it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts