Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all need ideas on what to pair with my countess from Lowes! All I've come up with was having creepy cloth, gramophone, and crow in cage with her.

Anything cheap at dollar tree that would go well? Do you guys know where to get those skeleton rats for cheap? That might go well....

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Here's what I think would be pretty cheap to do - You can probably find a small table or bookcase really cheap at a thrift store, or even cover a couple of stacked boxes with a black sheet & creepy cloth. Grab some old hard-backed books at a thrift store too & paint their covers black or other dark shades. Stack a couple on the table, & top with a Dollar Store skull that you glue some Spanish moss too (also at dollar stores). You could also corpse it up cheaply with mod podge, paper towels & paint, if you wanted to get fancier.

If you have any old wine or liquor bottles, you could recycle those into potion bottles by just creating a label. You don't need a printer, although there are lots of great labels online. Get a vase & fill it with dark rocks or marbles, then insert some cut down tree branches into it. Glue on some dollar store ravens to the branches, and maybe some clumps of Spanish moss too. While you are at the dollar store, pick up a couple of black frames and either put old black & white photographs inside, or even glue some of the mini-skellies from the garland that Dollar Tree sells onto the part where a picture would go.

You can find small unfinished boxes at craft stores. Paint them dark colors, maybe add some stickers or gems to make them look fancy or old, and put a few of them on the table, or make a treasure box overflowing with jewels to display.

She's a pretty prop - my daughter has loved to look at her when we've been to Lowes, but our display hasn't worked so we don't know what she does.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Black Countess has light-up eyes, a moving mouth, spooky phrases, and her staff lights up. She's basically a more magical Midnight Countess, to the point where the lines are the same. This one's voice is more ethereal, though. There are tons of videos online.
For decoration, I'd do a Gothic style with lots of purple. Perhaps a table with potions, a spellbook, and creepy candlesticks?

·
Registered
346 Posts
For a different take on background for her maybe a scene setter of a mansion or Gothic hallway. Make a couple pillars to flank her and a chandelier above with flicker lights. Perhaps a skeleton pet (or one of those rats) on a leash. If you could make another simple half column place a stand on it with some nice Halloween goblets and a bottle of wine with an appropriate label (empty the wine bottle yourself first though ;)

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Black Countess has light-up eyes, a moving mouth, spooky phrases, and her staff lights up. She's basically a more magical Midnight Countess, to the point where the lines are the same. This one's voice is more ethereal, though. There are tons of videos online.
For decoration, I'd do a Gothic style with lots of purple. Perhaps a table with potions, a spellbook, and creepy candlesticks?
I already have a witch scene. What do you think about having a crystal ball, tarot cards, and Ouija board????

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Admin please delete this post

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For a different take on background for her maybe a scene setter of a mansion or Gothic hallway. Make a couple pillars to flank her and a chandelier above with flicker lights. Perhaps a skeleton pet (or one of those rats) on a leash. If you could make another simple half column place a stand on it with some nice Halloween goblets and a bottle of wine with an appropriate label (empty the wine bottle yourself first though ;)
Oh okay yeah! You have a fun imagination. I have some animated urns that i dont use... what do you think about using them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts