Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a body bag scene in this years haunted house and I need your input. Are haunted house has scenes inside and outside and last year I done the body bag scene on the inside. The reason I'm taking it outdoors is so I'll have more room to do my thing. Any suggestions on how to decorate my scene? Should I just randomly hang the body bags from tree limbs? Also I was thinking about maybe using some black plastic and walling the whole scene...or should I leave it open? Should I use strobes and fog?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
If you choose to to not leave the area totally open a cheaper way of trying to define and border the scene would be to use mock police tape like a cordoned off area with the scene where you want it and an cordoned off area in tape like a alley way type walkway for people to follow it in and out . Perhaps you could use a serial killer theme for this display and build a character around it with bizarre messages and notes or even clues for the people to read and develop the scene of the murder or have some kind of mock pagan satanic signs associated with it like pen-tangle made out of sticks near the body ? but it depends how much time you can assign for it , but its a great idea and i think outside would be much better as you can build the area to the amount of time you can assign for it rather than struggling to fill out a whole room etc , i really look forward to what you come up with , perhaps if you get time you can post some photos .

·
Registered
349 Posts
My first thought was to have at least one of the bags set up with some sort of squirming, wiggling mechanism like some of the spider victim props. Seems like that could be incorporated into a variety of scenes.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
That sounds good , also depending on how much blood and gore you want to add and how your area is lined with trees you could have body parts hanging from trees , or using the recent tutorial on the forum you could even make the hot coals prop from Xmas lights with a limb cooking over the hot coals ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts