Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Shadow box dancer
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built this crate today to use as my monster in a box. But, then I realized I am going to do a monster in a coffin. So now I have this crate and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what I could do with it. I still have to trim out the back and build a top, but other then that it is a really solid crate. (Oh and being super frugal I am proud to admit it was %100 free).

View attachment 3859

·
Registered
487 Posts
Maybe use it to hide a fog chller, speakers, stobe Lights,RGB lights or a projector??? Make a table out of it and have skeletons playing poker or checkers around it? You could create another character prop that sits on it and rocks back and forth with the wiper motor mech is concealed inside.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about placing chains around it and placing a fogger and a strobe light inside and having it shake when TOT"s go by. Not sure how to do that but I do know there are how-to's on that.
That is pretty much exactly what my monster in a coffin is going to be. I did a monster in a crate last year. It had chains, it shook and it had lights come on inside. This year I am going to do it with coffin instead so I was thinking I could do something else with this crate. The one I had last year I took apart and I built this more realistic looking one.

View attachment 3860

My monster in a box from last year(2008).

·
Shadow box dancer
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice box, Yard, really good construction..... my first thought was a perch for a life size gargoyle :)
Ha that is funny. I gave up on paper mache. I think I am going to build the frame for a gargoyle out of chicken wire and then quickcrete it instead.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Heh, you don't have to tell ME... I'm actually making paper mache candles, so I don't have to use more PVC, hahaha. "

I can't wait to see how those turn out by the way. I built my crate out of pallets I tore apart and I will admit I reused the nails to build the crate. :)

·
Shadow box dancer
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't have any video of my monster in a box from last year so I finished out my crate today and rigged it up in a similar way. This is a short clip of what it looked like during the day. Very similar to what has been suggested so far. But, some new ideas are welcomed.

YouTube - Crate comp

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
someone on this forum put a ceiling fan motor in a crate so it shook. they had a kids voice coming from inside saying let me out. and stamped on the box was something about shipping an annoying kid overseas. maybe do a search and you can find the thread
nice job on the create there, well built

1 - 20 of 30 Posts