Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pneumatic pop up zombie using the 4 bar set up. But I want to change it up a bit. I want the figure to be standing up right and then go forward toward the people. Anyone seen any props like this. Also it has to be free standing in the yard. I have a cylinder and manifold valve. I need it to work off a motion sensor. I dont need it to move very far. Maybe a foot. I just want him to go toward the fence. Thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I will try to help you. Could I get a little more info.
By four bar do you mean it rises up and out a little with its current configuration? What is the starting position of the prop?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yes, you could take the same thing, but flip it on its end, so the double arms are sticking up. Depending on where the cylinder gets attached, you could get quite a good distance out of it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Here is a very rough drawing of what I will do. The top will have to have a spring or bungee cord because I don't have a two way valve. I think it will work well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It just dawned on me too that it will not be effected by weight of the prop either since it isn't pushing up. So I can get a lot of motion on this thing. Stand by children.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yeah, the weight shouldn't matter as much with the way you've got it laid out. You could have that thing shoot out a couple of feet or more. Should soil a few costumes! LOL :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts