Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've bought a Antai 700w Fogger, But the company no longer makes the Remote timer for this unit. Now one problem is that I live in Canada and All the sites that have them don't list that they ship to Canada. Next is that I don't want to pay the same price for the timer as I did for the Fogger. Now I bought a timer from Wal-mart but it won't work. Let me Explain....
1. timer's power botton lights up = good
2. I can use the manual botton only till it reaches operating temp = not good
3. tried swiching two wires in the fogger and blew fuse = not good

So if anybody has any ideas please help.... I know my explaination isn't great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm no elecrician, but anything you do is at your own safety - Time - exspence risk!

I'm not sure but the 700watt one probably is wired the same as the 400 watt ones. Look at the plug where the remote plugs into. It should look like this:

From what you are saying it sounds as if the hot wire and neutral are backwards on the remote itself. You have to splice the remote wire somewhere in the middle before it connects to the fogger, slice and re-wire like below:

Let us know if this worked!

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
I also have a mis-matched timer and fogger. Before you continue swaping wires try this. Plug your original manual burst remote in and plug in or start the fogger. When it reaches operating temperature quickly unplug the original remote and plug in the timer remote. I'm not sure why it works on mine, but it does, and the timer only cost $8 at Walmart.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The different store brand remotes are wired differently to be exclusive to the fogger. So, Wal-mart doesnt want you buying fogger there and then buying the remote at Target, so the manufacturer intentionally wires them a little different by moving the different prongs around a little. It usually is only the hot wire and neutral that are switched. So with the 3 prongs, essentially you can have 9 different wire combos, but they all work the same.

Fordman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx to everyone... I will try each one and see wich one works. I also was thinking about swiching the wires in the fogger not in the remote.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can switch them in the fogger, but there isnt any slack so to speak with the internal wires, so it may just be easier to slice and dice the wire about a 8-10" away from the plug. Tie your wires together and use shrink tube to finish the job. It doesnt look bad at all and no one will really know but you! I converted all my old foggers that had just the single pushbutton directly wired to the fogger to the timers using the pics above! I've even wired a couple others for a local haunted house!

Fordman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So fordman.... I'm I right to assume that the black wire is the hot, white is neutral and green is ground or trigger wire?

Thanx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts