Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a new tombstone and will be putting a figure on it made from model magic. My question is what would be the best way of fastening it to the foam board so it won't fall off. I was going to try using some foambaord adhesive and monster mudding over it, then drylocking it. Should I make dowels to go from the molding into the foamboard?

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
I used drywall screws. Set it up with the screw out of it's holder enough to grab the Model Magic. Then insert the screw and it's base into the foam. Pull it back out and put some foam adhesive in the hole. Insert back in and let dry. Then while your Model Magic is still soft but formed the way you like it, push it onto the screws sticking out. Let dry. I then used a little bit more adhesive, used like caulk, around the edges to make double-sure. After the Drylok that baby is going to go nowhere. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Terra, That is how I'll do it. I'm like 4 months behind you guys but I'm finally getting some work done on the first tombstone. Getting ready to glue all the cut foamboards together and put on the barbie angels. I'm making the wings out of model magic thats why I was asking about this. I'll attach tha barbies the same way. It's still in the rough cut stage. I'll post pics when it gets a little closer to finishing. After this my wife is going to work on your beloved stone and I'm going to start working on my electric chair. OK.....I'm rambling.....hehe Talk to you later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts