Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glad I found this site. I've been looking for help and asking friends. They look at me like I fell off a log... I'm sure the people in this form will understand what we are doing. You folks look like my kind of people...

I'm looking for help (more than just a little help). I need the McGyver of small creepy electronics. Someone good at radio control gadgets.
I need some upclose and person seance type props. I want a K2 meter to work at my control.

I want an old (old things are creepier than new things) Jack in the box to work on it's own. It seems to me if a RC car can turn the wheels, I should be able to turn the handle of the Jack in the Box.. but it is beyond my talent level.

I want flashlights to work on their own.

An old radio that turns on and off on its own (without being plugged in). Maybe with the help wireless door bell?

I'm looking over this site and getting some good ideas but open to other ideas as well.
Thank you
Mark

·
Registered
14,073 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ghost of Spookie;
How cool is this. I've been looking for help for weeks and within minutes someone from this group is kind enough to help.

The items are close to what I'm looking for but still a little different.
Please allow me to give some details.

My brother and I have a small discount party supply store. We are located in a run down strip mall. The unit next to ours was a "book store" ran by people who claimed to be pyhics and the unit was used to conduct ceremonies to contact with the dead. Neighborhood kids called the shop the "Witch store" and people are surprised we would take over a unit that might be haunted.

We are taking the theme and running with it. We are turning it into a creepy (yet professional) event center. Do you dare have a party and upset the spirits? Do you mock them with your celebrations?...
To add to the creepy, we need some radio controled props to appears as those from the other side and using them. Things that you might find at your grandmother's or great grandmother's house.
Thank you
Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pdcollins6092

Now we are cooking with oil.
I love the effect. The skill level might be beyond my abilities.

Any chance I can get Dave to build me one. Of course I would compensate him for this time, supplies and talents. Love the idea of using this system to have things move around on a table.

I've gotten so many great ideas from this site. I one afternoon I gotten more help and ideas than I have with a weeks worth of google searches and asking friends.
I love Halloween people!

Thank you.
Mark

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Raven Manor, I assumed you were either going to convert items like a JIB for your use (add an RC pop up motor to it) or make the RC props totally from scratch yourself. Or am I wrong and you are looking for people here to custom build stuff for you or point you to ready-made props being sold? If so you might want to post under here: Wanted to Buy - Halloween Forum

Since you mentioned sceance, you might look into adding an Lighting FX box to your list. You can use it in different ways to make the lights flicker without touching them. Here's the best deal on one of these now--the xmas tree ones are the same as the ones made for Halloween and cheaper: Sound Activated Christmas Tree Lights - On Sale - Things for Christmas - Things You Never Knew Existed . If you had a table lamp hooked up to it along with an iPod with remote (Lighting FX box and iPod hidden from view, and you have the remote), no speakers attached, I'm pretty sure you could activate the iPod remotely and the lights would flicker to whatever you were playing, like some thunder sound effects. That way you could called up the spirits and ask for a sign from them and then activate the iPod. The length and voracity of the flickering would depend on the track you are playing on the mp3. Not sure how clearly I explained that but hope you get the gist of what I said.

·
Registered
460 Posts
pdcollins6092

Any chance I can get Dave to build me one. Of course I would compensate him for this time, supplies and talents. Love the idea of using this system to have things move around on a table.
Send him a PM and ask if he would mind, it wouldnt hurt anyhow. Time may be an issue but that would be his call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts