Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about using a 100 lb. heavy punching bag as a pig carcass. I know the weight is there but for some reason I can't quite get in my head how to make it look like one. It doesn't have to completely look like one just suggest that it is one. I am not opposed to painting it. But everyone on here is so creative I know you all can give me some good ideas. It will be hanging. Thanks in advance.:)

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess because I wanted the people to sorta brush past it to get through. The weight of it would make it feel more real. If it was just for looks then yea but I want it to be touched somewhat.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Other than somehow making a head,look for a toy that squeals and put it inside the bag. Our Dollar General store usually has all kinds of different farm animals or stuffed animals that make noises when you shake or squeeze them. That outta scare the wits out of them!

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
Seems to me I've seen a pig mask somewhere that you could glue/sew/staple on.
If you want people to be able to touch it, latex body parts is probably the way to go. You could sculpt a leg and make a simple two-part mold of it, then do four latex castings and attach them to the bag. A little paint and the right lighting and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Piggy ideas

I would try to figure out a way to change the body shape from tubular to football shaped, or something simply fatter in the middle. If you had some kind of rubberized sheeting you could secure it to the ends then stuff it some in the middle. Maybe even a canvas tarp.

Find a good pig mask to put on one end. For legs, get some inner tubes for bikes, the fatter the better. Cut them and knot them so you have a valve stem close to one end on a section. You might want these like 16 to 24 inches. Put your bike pump on it and pump it up and it will get pretty fat and make a nice pig leg. Attach it to the body near the valve stem so the stem can be covered with tape or whatnot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts