Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To whom is reading this.

I need help with a project I am working on for this Halloween. First, a little about the prop.
I build this pumpkin out of cast material. The same material the hospitals use when you brake a bone and cover the area with casting material. I started with a balloon and covered it until I felt it would be able to with stand Halloween night. See pic #1 After I let it dry for days (to make sure there was no water in the material) I covered the pumpkin with FlexSeal. See pic#2 That stuff they keep water out of the boat in the commercial. I put 3 thick layers on the inside and 4 layers on the outside. FYI – I think this stuff will work great for this project. After it dried, I painted the pumpkin with 2 coats of DryLock - The stuff you use on basement walls to keep moisture out. After it dried, I painted the pumpkin the colors I wanted. See pic#3

To my help I need.
I have a voice that speaks to the trick-n-treaters that I want to go with it. What do I need or how can I make the light inside the pumpkin flash to the voice talking? I was thinking of having a faded light inside the pumpkin when it isn’t talking and use a brighter one once it starts talking that would flash to the voice. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,405 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easily done with a KA2284 module. Tons of listings on ebay, here's one for a whopping $1.07 from China.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/KA2284-Battery-Indicator-Audio-Power-Level-Indicator-Module-Nice-Board-US/371929878242?hash=item5698bf8ee2:g:9z8AAOSwWiBY~u5B
Connect (solder) your light leads to the red LED on the module. Depending on what you use for the light, you'll probably need a relay or a transistor.
BTW, nice job!
Thanks J-Man
Sorry to say this but I am still a little confused. Correct me if I am wrong please. I connect my light from the pumpkin to the red LED light on the module? How does that control the voice talking? Do I need to hook the audio up somewhere? Again, sorry for the lame questions but electronics is not a strong point on my resume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts