Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would love to get some input from other enthusiasts. Specifically, I would like to add Psycho to my Halloween Display and have run into a bit of a problem. I want to convert the battery-operated sound effects box to an AC Adapter. I am talking about the Psycho shower curtain that is packaged with the motion-activated sound effects. The box uses (2) AA batteries, and I want to change the power source to a 3V AC Adapter.

This has worked with countless props. My display is pretty big for a home haunt, and batteries are simply a nuisance. The sound effects box with the shower curtain is pretty clever. I would really like to use it. I can manage to activate it with the wires from the adapter, but then the sound effects stop.

Is it the fact it is motion activated? Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

I also need help with selecting a method to "rock" the rocking chair with Mrs. Bates. Any thoughts?

I am looking forward to exhanging ideas with others on the forum. I work nights and will create a profile when I am off next time. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Since you're asking about a specific prop, this'll be moved to Props for better exposure.

Please feel free to browse the other areas, introduce yourself in the Members Introduction thread, and have fun!

Ween

1 - 2 of 2 Posts