Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help! We've decided to go with a haunted hotel theme this year and I'd like to make invites with the theme of a hotel reservation confirmation, but I just can't come up with any ideas on the wording. I'm thinking of starting with something like, "Thank you for booking your stay at the Chamberwell Hotel. We have you scheduled for check-in on Saturday October 24th at 8 PM.... " I can't think of what to say next - I need to add some creepiness. Any ideas??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you for booking you stay at the Chamberwell Hotel.
We have you scheduled for check-in on Saturday October 24th at 8pm
permanently

(Hotel California - you can check in but you cannot check out)
just a thought

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
You could add some descriptions of the Hotels amenities...

if you are providing food at your party you could say something about the reservation including a complimentory meal, bar etc.

Also add something about the Hotel's expected attire (costumes)

253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are fantastic ideas, Elza. Thanks so much. I knew I could count on the creativity of this group! I'd love even more ideas and especially specific wording of any kind...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Here are a few ideas for wording. You can do the invitation in the form of a tri-fold brochure.
Some off the cuff examples:

"You are invited to join us. We have a vacancy, which you might fill...permanently!"

"Due to sudden and unforeseen circumstances, we now have a vacancy open that only you can fill."

"Room # 1313 is waiting for you." Or room # 666.

"Enjoy our 'unique' dining menu or order in from Tomb Service."

"Extended stay plans available (whether you want to leave or not!)"

Weary travelers voted the Chamberwell Hotel as a 4 Scar resort. It easily beat out Motel 666 as a popular final resting destination.

Relax in the Cauldron Spa's famous wood fired 'really hot tub' or splash in the blood pool.

As for actual party decor, take a look around various internet sites for photos of Disney's Tower of Terror. I am always amazed at the detail in the lobby, front desk and boiler room settings.

Make some paper tape "sanitized for your protection" strips for the toilet seat in the restroom. You can even change it to: "Satanized for your possession" if you like attention to detail.

Eric

253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow - those ideas are exactly what I was looking for! I love the "tomb service" idea and the line about the "vacancy only you can fill". Thank you. I'm going to try to start working on them (rough draft) tonight!

253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to mention that we just went to Disney in March and the Tower of Terror was our inspiration. We took a ton of pictures so that will definitely help us with ideas for the decor. I'm getting excited now.... we're a little behind our normal schedule for Halloween, but better late than never!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
After reading wolfbeards ideas i dont really think i have anything else to add, he pretty much has it all planned out. Good job the suggestions sound great.
The haunted hotel idea is great also.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Here are a few ideas for wording. You can do the invitation in the form of a tri-fold brochure.
Some off the cuff examples:

"You are invited to join us. We have a vacancy, which you might fill...permanently!"

"Due to sudden and unforeseen circumstances, we now have a vacancy open that only you can fill."

"Room # 1313 is waiting for you." Or room # 666.

"Enjoy our 'unique' dining menu or order in from Tomb Service."

"Extended stay plans available (whether you want to leave or not!)"

Weary travelers voted the Chamberwell Hotel as a 4 Scar resort. It easily beat out Motel 666 as a popular final resting destination.

Relax in the Cauldron Spa's famous wood fired 'really hot tub' or splash in the blood pool.

As for actual party decor, take a look around various internet sites for photos of Disney's Tower of Terror. I am always amazed at the detail in the lobby, front desk and boiler room settings.

Make some paper tape "sanitized for your protection" strips for the toilet seat in the restroom. You can even change it to: "Satanized for your possession" if you like attention to detail.

Eric
Hahaha FANTASTIC!

MsM

253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know, I had completely forgotten about the movie 1408. I saw it a long time ago but I'll have to check it out again. Thanks for the idea SkellyCat.

Has anyone seen the Disney Movie "Tower of Terror". I'm not sure if that would be worth checking out for some ideas, too.

And I totally agree with all the comments about Wolfbeards ideas - they are great!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Lady of Chamberwell,

I am so loving this idea of yours. I haven't been able to stop reserching haunted hotels. I too am a big fan of the Tower of Terror and the 1408 movie. I was thinking that a story behind the hotel's haunting in a travel brochure might be creepy. I was trying to come up with a way to have a trapped in your worst nightmare theme and incorporating it with your haunted hotel idea might be just want I need. I found something similar to this on a Haunted Hotel haunt website.

Some say that the souls of those trapped within the walls of the 'hotel' are seeking release, some are seeking revenge. But all of them are caught in a place that exists between this world and the next. A nightmarish place where your worst fears and darkest horrors come to life.

·
Registered
490 Posts
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some say that the souls of those trapped within the walls of the 'hotel' are seeking release, some are seeking revenge. But all of them are caught in a place that exists between this world and the next. A nightmarish place where your worst fears and darkest horrors come to life.[/QUOTE]

B Scary - that is great!! I'll definitely have to incorporate these words into my invitation - I love it!

I also love the idea of giving out "room" keys to our guests that could open a door with a prize behind it. I think I might pass the keys out to our guests at a "check-in desk" when they arrive at the party. Then I can avoid sending the keys out with the invitations and having the winning key go to someone who doesn't come!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, also That Bones the Bellboy costume is awesome...I have ordered only 1 so far because they only have Medium in Stock on most web sites. My son, who is going to help out in the haunted house this year will wear that one, and I'm still going to buy a couple more to dress static props in the hotel and possibly my husband when the larger sizes become available.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Oh, also That Bones the Bellboy costume is awesome...I have ordered only 1 so far because they only have Medium in Stock on most web sites. My son, who is going to help out in the haunted house this year will wear that one, and I'm still going to buy a couple more to dress static props in the hotel and possibly my husband when the larger sizes become available.
Buycostumes.com is having a buy one get one clearance on some costumes. Here is one that would work great for your party theme. It is on clearance and you buy get one free! You could easily do your own "dead" makeup.

Mr. VIP Valet Adult Costume - Costumes

Eric

1 - 20 of 58 Posts