Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My invites are only a one 8 1/2" X 11" page invite, they get mailed and also laid out on 'sign-up' tables/handed out to groups, Etc.

I am having a hard time coming up with a Name for my theme let alone how to word the invites.

Our Theme is Scary Tales, Unhappily ever after, Fractured Fairy Tales, Fairy Tales gone wrong etc.

Usually we only have a couple of lines on the invite as my lay out needs room for Date, Time, Where, What to bring, RSVp etc

Some of our activities this year are:

On the Trail and in the House identifying Fairy Tales OR Fairy Tales gone wrong
Stick The Wart on the Witch
Newly Dead Game

Costume Contest

Food, Drink, Bonfire Etc..

All Ages, Mostly Adults.

I know I have to start the invite with

Once upon a Time...

After that I am Stuck!! I Know you guys can Help!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh Yeah, My Costume is Mother Goose & My Daughter is Cinderella, my Husband has not figured out what he is going to be yet.

Please any ideas?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm fond of "Unhappily Ever After" and the title would be nice if it was typed regularly and then the "UN" was layed over the top like it was written in blood or something similar.

As for wording your invite, why don't you start it out like a fairy tale "Once upon a time..."

Just a thought.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
DeadTed did a similiar theme a year or two ago. Search for his posts. He had some fabulous ideas including a randsom note for mother goose as an invitation.

MsM

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,651 Posts
See if this sparks anything...

on the front: Come celebrate our Unhappily Ever After
inside: Once upon a time people lived Happily Ever After. But not this year. Come join us around the bonfire this (insert date) for a frighteningly fun Ever After that will make your heart rate soar and your blood boil.

There will be activities, including Games, a contest for best costumes, (insert rest) Beverages and food will be included.

All Welcome!
(RSVP, address, etc. etc. Are costumes required? times, etc. Booze allowed?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts