Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have an idea that I want to do for next year. One of the projects that I will be doing is an execution room. I would like to get some input from ya'll on what I can add to it or even how to do it. Here's what I have in my head so far.

I want to build an electric chair similar to the one found on Death Lords site. I tried to get his video but I can't seem to get it to work. His inspiration for it came from the shake and bake by Distortions.
http://www.distortionsonline.com/proddetail.cfm?CFID=90316&CFTOKEN=86182252&ItemID=434&CategoryID=2&SubCatID=63

I plan on having a wall behind the chair with a light panal and various dials and knobs and two jacobs ladders, one on each side of the chair.

I want to put in a switch similar to bradbaum's on this site.
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/70067-executioner-switch.html

I have not decided yet on the figure I want to activate the switch. Should it be a skeleton correction officer?

Here's the sequence I see when I try to sleep at night...

As a group of people walk up there is a dim light in back of the chair just so a silhouette of it is seen. Sound starts...don't know if I should use music or electric sound effects....then the lights on the wall and the jacobs ladder come on. A spot light hits the officer at the switch as he flips it on. Then have the chair run through it's routine.

What so ya'll think. What can I add or is it too much? I've decided to use the DMXorcist to run the show.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is too cool....but unfortunately I have to be able to run this by myself...witch... means I don't have anyone to help out as actors.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The head is a mask i bought at a yard sale, I have a gallon jug in his chest filled with red water, a fountian pump pumps it up and through the mask. I hot glued ping pong ball eyes into the mask and drilled holes in the back of them and placed bicolor LED in the eyes. The bicolor leds allow me to change the color of his eyes - I have them green normally, and then change them to red when he is throwing the switch.

The body is made from PVC, the arms and legs are PVC with pool noodles around them. I only had one hand that I bought at a yard sale, that is the hand that is on the switch the other hand I put in his pocket (because I didn't have a hand).

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Want to have a little fun with your guests. Pick up a couple scat mats and put them on a bench which the viewers will be sitting and watching the execution show. Once the chair is shocked, activate the mats and your viewers will feel the shock too! :eek: I did this one year in a haunted house I worked in where we had a downed power line across the hand rail and I was holding the rail and shaking, and the currious people would touch the hand rail and zap!

The Pod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts