Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We moved from a house to an apartment this year so my usual large party has had to be downsized....by quite a bit.

I was thinking of doing a Halloween Dinner for 12, choosing the people I really love spending time with, send out invitations, decorate the house with the more classic halloween things, candles everywhere and have 10 people over. We would eat, and knowing the friends that will be there, lots of drinking. I'll have to come up with cool drinks. I was thinking of getting everyone to dress in black - instead of costumes. Place cards would be handmade Halloween crackers.

Still celebrating the day but quieter and cosier.

After dinner I want to play a game, but it has to be one that's fun. We've played the game "things" with other people before and had a blast so I was thinking of nmodifying that game and calling it Halloween things.

Some examples of questions on the regular game are:

THINGS...™ people do when no one is looking.
THINGS...™ your parents forgot to tell you.
THINGS...™ you can never find.
THINGS...™ dogs are actually saying when they bark.
THINGS...™ you shouldn't tie to the roof of your car.

I want the questions Halloween related in some way. Along the lines of:
THINGS…you wouldn’t want to see reflected back at you in a mirror at midnight.

I'm coming up dry and have lurked here for a couple of years and thought I'd come out of hiding to poke your collective brains for ideas!

Can you guys come up with some things? Please!

Any help is much appreciated!

Sharon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Things....That keep you awake at night
Things....people use to haunt their homes
Things....good horror movies always contain
Things....you may see in a cemetery
Things....found in an insane asylum
Things....teenager's do on devil's night
Things....said when you are startled
Things....used to complete an exorcist

There's a start! :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
What a fun party and game idea.

Things...that happen during a full moon.
Things...that protect you from the creatures of the night.
Things...you're most afraid of.
Things...that happen to you in your worst nightmares.
Things....you dressed up as for Halloween.
Things....you did when you drank too much at my Halloween party.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your help! I was drawing a blank and could only think of a few things. Keep them coming!!!

It sucks I can't do a large party, but I think this way will be fun - until we're in a house again and the big guns come out. I'm getting excited about it.

Here are a few of the ones I cam up with incase anyone else wants to incorportate the game:

THINGS…you wouldn’t want to see reflected back at you in a mirror at midnight.
THINGS…vampires think as they sink in their teeth
THINGS…werewolves think when it’s a full moon
THINGS…that scare you the most
THINGS…you wouldn’t want to find in your basement

Please post more ideas!

Thanks,
Sharon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Highball, the gist of the game is:

There is a box with THINGS questions in it.

Everyone gets slips of paper.
The question is asked and everyone writes a reply. No peeking!
The askee collects them all and reads them out randomly.
The person on the right of the askee gets the first chance to guess who answered what. That person keeps going until he gets one wrong.
You need to pay attention because the next person has to get them all right too. It continues around the group until someone gets it right.
The role of askee moves to the right.

I just called my girlfriend that owns the game, She's not at home but honestly can't remember how it's won because we have never gotten that far. The reason being it's usually played along with drunken people......

I'll have to come up with some kind of guideline for a winner. Maybe I'll tally all the people that got the most answers connected to the right person.

It's fun when you have drunken people - the game usually dissolves into fits of laughter because of some of the answers you get. Some are serious, some funny, some x-rated. It depends on the crowd and vibe. I've seen the game go all kinds of ways. The least fun with this game was with a bunch of uptight intelectuals (no offence to non-uptight itellectuals!) who were dismayed at the rest of us acting like peasants!! LOL!

So that's the gist of it. I'll have to modify the game somehow to make a clear winner, but maybe I won't even need to. The people invited are really fun so it should go well.

Hope this helps!

Sharon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
B Scary said: Things....you did when you drank too much at my Halloween party.

ROFL!! That question is defintiely going in! They probably won't be able to tell me, but I can tell them!! LOL! Some I have photographic proff of!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts