Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Nearing the end of my Halloween props for this year but need a little help with the grave grabber. I don't want to use a wiper motor, any suggestions what else I could use?

·
Registered
94 Posts
rotisserie motor or a reindeer motor
if you use a reindeer motor, you would need to keep the mech action light, a reindeer motor doesnt have alot of torque.. otherwise it will keep reversing itself

if your able, contact a few pick a part type auto salvage places and go pull yourself a wiper motor.. ive attempted NOT using a wiper motor where one was really needed and I have regretted it every time and ended up just getting the wiper motor.. mistakes like that cost $$$

you can get a used/salvaged wiper motor for around 10.00-15.00

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey guys! Nearing the end of my Halloween props for this year but need a little help with the grave grabber. I don't want to use a wiper motor, any suggestions what else I could use?
I am making one from a shiatsu machine its has really cool motion mine is the one armed version you see around but you can build a two arm version too. I got my shiatsu machine for less than $10 from good will. If you have not seen the shiatsu stuff yet check out the link below it has two videos at the end of the post give you a good idea of what to expect.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/78100-shiatsu-massager-grave-grabber-part-two-pvc-armatures.html

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,778 Posts
On my first attempt at building a grave grabber, I used a rotisserie motor. It worked fine but it was VERY slow. Too slow for a grave grabber. I then rebuilt it using a Monsterguts wiper motor kit. IMO it is definitely the best way to go for the money and time saved having it all plug and play ready with the power supply. The wiper motor will easily handle any binding or tight spots you might encounter. I've run my grave grabber in the garage for hours at a time and he barely gets warm. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts