Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you make liquid in a bottle glow.?
I know this has been mentioned before but did not write it down.
Thanks in advance for your assistance
Pam

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
Pam, I have never done this personally, but have seen a few instructions on this, get a hi-lighter marker, take the center out, the part you write with, and put that into the water you want to glow, and let it soak, that should glow under a black lite, hope that makes sense to you. good luck!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Don't open a glow stick because of the broken glass capsule inside. Get some flourescent highlighters at the dollar store, open them and put the fluid in your flask. There is a fiber cartridge inside. You can squeeze the fluid out of it, and then put it in the flask as well. Shake up, put under black light, and ta-da!

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Don't open a glow stick because of the broken glass capsule inside. Get some flourescent highlighters at the dollar store, open them and put the fluid in your flask. There is a fiber cartridge inside. You can squeeze the fluid out of it, and then put it in the flask as well. Shake up, put under black light, and ta-da!
Yep, works great!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
tide detergent (liquid one of course) , take the sponges out of highliter markers out and squeeze the fluo ink out in water , tonic water , some fluo craft paint diluted will work well too.

then of course a blacklight bulb if you want those to glow ;) hehehehe

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ive used highlighter markers, and they worked great. I used both the ones with the fiber ink holder and the liquid ones as well.

I also have a two liter of tonix water the floresses well.

Both of the above need a black light to make it happen.

Glow sticks will work but as stated above you want to be carefull of the broken glass. They are non toxic, I've heard of guys in the army (Guy i worked with was in the airborne) drinking them and haveing fun later when they go to releive themself. (think-----writing there name in the snow at night :) )

·
Registered
32 Posts
We used the highlighters this year as well. The yellow/green ones work AMAZING! just one and it will glow like crazy. The blue and pink ones work ok, but nothing like the yellow.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I've read tutorials about people using highlighters - they soak the ink part of the marker in water for a few hours. And certain types of cleaners have the same effect.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey guys...not sure if anyone else has heard about this "experiment", I plan on trying this and seeing how long it lasts, might be saving me a BUNCH of power in the haunt! Heres the recipe!

1 20 oz bottle of Mountain Dew with only 3/4 inch of soda left in bottom
add 1/4 tsp baking soda
THEN add 3 capfuls hydrogen peroxide

cap bottle up and shake...supposedly GLOWS like an S.O.B!!!

have fun and good luck, like I said, I havent tried it yet, so lets compare notes...

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Croglin, since you mentioned it, why don't YOU give that a shot and let us know how it works?

I'm curious as to whether it glowed or simply foamed up and sprayed all over the kitchen.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,860 Posts
Hey guys...not sure if anyone else has heard about this "experiment", I plan on trying this and seeing how long it lasts, might be saving me a BUNCH of power in the haunt! Heres the recipe!

1 20 oz bottle of Mountain Dew with only 3/4 inch of soda left in bottom
add 1/4 tsp baking soda
THEN add 3 capfuls hydrogen peroxide

cap bottle up and shake...supposedly GLOWS like an S.O.B!!!

have fun and good luck, like I said, I havent tried it yet, so lets compare notes...
snopes.com: Mountain Dew Glow
:rolleyes:
It was a fake. Doesn't work - the guy did a really good edit on his vid so you couldn't see when he switched bottles to the one that had glow stick juice in it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Last year I used gel pens to make glow water in several colors including orange. Worked like a charm but settled after a couple weeks.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
The highliter route worked for me, they were really bright. One suggestion...wear gloves while working with the ink, or you will glow, too!! ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts