Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there fellow haunters. I've recently been asked to build a falling bookshelf for a haunt in my region. I've looked through the forum and on different websites and haven't found anything. I figure to have the bookshelf about 7 feet tall. I want the shelf to fall about a foot just to give the impression of falling over. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciate. Derrick (Squirrelram):eek:

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'd mount it to the floor with hinges. Then mount a cylinder towards the top to push it over with safety wires to prevent it from falling any more than you want. False books made of foam to keep the weight down. If the cylinder needs help bringing the bookcase back to an upright position, add a couple of helper springs.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'd mount it to the floor with hinges. Then mount a cylinder towards the top to push it over with safety wires to prevent it from falling any more than you want. False books made of foam to keep the weight down. If the cylinder needs help bringing the bookcase back to an upright position, add a couple of helper springs.
Yeah being against the wall a plate bolted to the cylinder rod would hold it tight with a hing as well... pulling it back upright would be a small task for any cylinder. A 12" cylinder at the top would give the push. A 6" cylinder half way up would probably give the same...

A few large fake books hinged and weighted so that they tip out when its tipped would auto right them selves when straightened up.

You could have all kinds of things on the shelf act this way...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah being against the wall a plate bolted to the cylinder rod would hold it tight with a hing as well... pulling it back upright would be a small task for any cylinder. A 12" cylinder at the top would give the push. A 6" cylinder half way up would probably give the same...

A few large fake books hinged and weighted so that they tip out when its tipped would auto right them selves when straightened up.

You could have all kinds of things on the shelf act this way...
Thanks for the input, I'm very new when it comes to pneumatics. Any other opinions would be great thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts