Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years ago we bought the Hi-Rez DVD Criminally Insane. This year we wanted to add the flickering light triggered off the DVD via DTMF. Instead of buying the Hi-Rez decoder we got a generic one off eBay. They look virtually identical. Of course we can't seem to get it to work! Everything seems to be hooked up and running fine, but no interaction from the DTMF board. Is there a secret to getting it to work? Is the tone only for a certain relay on the board? Or is the DVD made to only interact with the Hi-Rez branded board?

·
Registered
25 Posts
DTMF Question

Death Wraith, I was also looking for answers last year as I have purchased 3 DTMF board from Hi-Rez and switch them around depending on what prop I want to use it on. Long story short after contacting them numerous times asking if I could use any of the other boards found online they replied back and said "NO" ours are programmed specifically to the DVD's. This being said I ventured off and found very little informatoin on any forum as to anyone utilizing non Hi-Rez boards and getting them to work. The Hi-Rez Design boards must have a certain firmware I am not sure but beings they are pricey they sure are not leaving any help for us haunters out there for heavens sake we already spend $100 on the DVD's at least they could make the DTMF universal and possibly just add features to their board that others don't have. I have considered trying to recode the movie using a DTMF generator and software but have yet to do that in theory that should work but why can't any board detect the DTMF in their movie IDK?

A couple years ago we bought the Hi-Rez DVD Criminally Insane. This year we wanted to add the flickering light triggered off the DVD via DTMF. Instead of buying the Hi-Rez decoder we got a generic one off eBay. They look virtually identical. Of course we can't seem to get it to work! Everything seems to be hooked up and running fine, but no interaction from the DTMF board. Is there a secret to getting it to work? Is the tone only for a certain relay on the board? Or is the DVD made to only interact with the Hi-Rez branded board?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts