1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Those are great, MM1. I wonder if they would fit in the pockets of one of those plastic wall hanging shoe organizers? They sell them at the $ store.

Or...if you decoupaged them, you'd have to use a white background so that you didn't loose the white of the bags. Something like white MDF or plywood painted white and cut into the shape that you desired. Maybe the shape of a pumpkin, tombstone, haunted house or even a TOT bag?

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Nice find, i love the old vintage halloween stuff. I think it would be nice to put them in a big frame that is also decorated with some of the old stuff.Maybe black and orange crepe paper along the frame border.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks for posting pics. What a great treasure you have they really bring back memories. Personally I would treat them like the treasure that they are. I would be proud to display them as works of art and would approach it one of two ways:

1) Have the bags matted and framed in 3 seperate frames. Use very plain black frames or maybe 1 orange, matted in a double layer matt main part orange with black surrounding the bag for black frames and the opposite if you use an orange frame. Then hang them in a group.

2) Have the entire collection matted and framed in one frame, black or orange and having depth to house 3 dimmensional objects Place the bags in an artistic fashion possibly a couple bags tipped over with candy coming out of the bag and a bit of bulk to the bag representing that there is still candy in it. In the centre of the frame have several bags fanned out (here you would want to use the bags that are least important to you with an important one on top). The remaining bags I would set a couple randomly placed unopened and one or two more I would randomly place showing as being full of candy even above the rim(don't overfill and distort the picture on the bag). To finish I would selectively place candy throughout. You will want to use traditional candy such as candy corn, rockets, and what we as kids called kisses, which were a type of orange toffee wrapped in orange paper with usually a picture of a halloween scene.

I hope this helps in some way, what ever you decide I'm sure it will look good because you obviously have a good eye.

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow-thanks so much for all of the great ideas! I just love anything Vintage, and fell in love with these bags! I want to mount/frame them in some sort of fashion so that I can hang them in my office all year long. I knew I came to the right place with so many creative people here! I can pick out things that are fabulous, but after that I am stuck. We have lived in our house over a year now, and the only decorating that has been done besides our wedding pic hanging on the wall is my Michael Jackson memorial shelf. ( shelf in our living room with my vintage MJ doll, buttons, memorial magazines, cds, etc...) As soon as I get my little bags framed, I will post a pic!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Hi MM1, good to see you on the board!

I like the idea of having the bags sframed in three separate frames, maybe one black and two orange backgrounds (or vice versa). Then group them on the wall together. I can just see that in my mind and it looks great!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts