Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to either rent or build a Red and White tent for a Big Top Tent prop.
Here is a picture of one I would like something similiar. If anyone knows where I can buy one,
rent one or how to build one I would appreciate it. Thanks.....

alternative-tent-hire-image-4.jpg

red-white-striped-circus-tent-bright-may-be-seen-birthday-party-concert-52679539.jpg

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Don't know anything about this company but here you go. The do show red and white striped tents and do rentals. All of the other places I found were more the white wedding and event tents. They're in Indianapolis though. If not them, maybe they could suggest someone closer in your area.

http://www.americantentandawning.com

·
Registered
525 Posts
Just a quick Google search of "circus tent rental Kentucky" turned up quite a few results. You'd probably have to call and ask exactly what they have available.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been working on the plans all day. Using the circle formula I came up with a 10 foot diameter tent
which in return will have a 33 foot circumference.... sounds big but again the tent will be 10 feet across.
Side walls will be 4 or 5 feet high and then an arching top of 5-6 feet upwards on top os the side walls.
For the the sides im going with chicken wire fence poles. Top will be a PVC circle with a main post. Sides and top
fabric will be panels that will be red and white. I pretty much have it all planned out. I will start buying the materials
next week and post updates as I build this thing lol.

I might go 15 feet across but that would be a circumference of 47 feet..... getting to be a bigger project.....
47 feet of PVC also..... time to go price the materials out......

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm making my circus bigger too, And like Rigormortor I'm making PVC frames, but instead of painting fabric I'm going to use cheap striped plastic tablecloths.

Something like this or maybe this. I gotta keep it as cheap as possible and I don't mind if things look ragged after a few years.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tents - tents - tents
New and a huge used inventory. If you can think it I can make it or already have it!
BIG, small, white, striped, printed with your face on it - just name it. 40x century 2.jpg 20x20 flag.jpg miami missonary 77x149.jpg
George Maser 864-761-7223

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use old Gazebo frames (the type sold at Lowes, Sams Club and Walmart) from thrift stores. After a couple of year the canvas starts to rot so the frames are dumped at thrift stores. They usually measure 10x10. I cover them with clear plastic or opaque white sheeting so that I can project lights up on them at night. Clip the ends of the plastic to the upper rim of the frame. Because to the way my frame is constructed i am able to reconfigure it into different shapes.

Three years ago I did Carnival Freak Show and wanted to do a LARGE tent. Needles to say it was impossible to make a tent that big and I couldn't afford to rent one so i created the allusion of one. I made a large oval (Approx 40'x60') in my yard by erecting 4x4 post every 8' around the circumference. I then strung Xmas lights around at approx 7' off the ground. Next i stapled a red and white striped plastic table runner (purchased in a 100' roll from Oriental trading) around the bottom half. I created a high gateway across the center to imply a taller tent interior. It worked out great! I will probably use this theme again this year. The only thing i would like to change about it is I would like to use cafe lights around the oval instead of Xmas lights.

Good Luck and Happy Haunting!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts