Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Creep is finished with one exception...I have a typical wiper motor going at low RPMs with a 6 inch extension attached to a 1 1/2 PVC coupler that the stick sits in. The stick likes to get stuck in the cup occasionally and twist the skeleton's hands and break the wire connecting the hands to the stick. I'm on the prowl for a lighter stick this weekend but anyone have any other tricks? Thanks

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
Why don't you make the connection where the cup connects to the crank loose. That way even if the pole gets stuck the cup will spin and not pull at your hands. Other words use a bolt that's smooth on one end and tighten down with the smooth end running through the cup

Think FCG crank and how it works

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
I have a few suggestions.

1) For the stick, try to find a willow tree and use a branch from that for your stirring stick. Willow is very lightweight and works well for a cauldron.

2) Make sure that the end of the stick that sits in the cup has plenty of room to move around. The stirring stick for my cc is about an inch in diameter on the bottom end, and I used a 2 inch PVC cap.

3) When I built my cc, the first time I ran it, the end of the stick would periodically bind on the end of the bolt holding the cap onto the arm. To fix this, I got a plastic lid from a coffee can and cut out a circular piece that would fit into the cap. I squirted some hot glue into the bottom of the cap, then put the plastic disc in. After that I've never had any problems with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...i'll make sure the cup spins, send the kids out for a new, preferably willow, branch and fire up the hot glue gun. Thanks again guys

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
Have you thought about making your own...

PVC is very bendable with heat, add some hot glue for a few knots, and a coat of brown spray paint with some black sprayed on while it's still wet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts