Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK-so I bought a body bag prop from our local party store. Its the one in the City Morgue Bag -his head shakes in the bag like hes trying to get out. Well, mine doesnt work, but I knew that when I bought it. I paid $60.00 for it, but bc it doesnt work, they gave me a really great torso that I could use in the bag or for another prop...its big and heavy, nicely made. (Some of these props are going for as low as $35.00 to $89.00 on the internet.) Still, I would like the head to do some sort of movement to have the desired effect. Any suggesions on something I could make/buy to make either the head or torso move? Even if it doesnt actually make either move, just having the illusion that its moving is what I am going for.
This is a video of the working prop without a torso:
ALL NEW BODY BAG WITH SHAKING HEAD NO509
Just fyi I am not very handy, but my husband is! Thanks for any and all help!

·
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any ideas? I swear I saw him moving on his own last night.....

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Wow, you paid alot for that. I bought just the City Morgue bags from Haunted Props and got a 20% discount and they ended up being $10 each. Then I had some severed heads I got after Halloween last year (about $12 each) and put them in the top of the bag with the zipper partly down so the head shows. Then for the body I bought inflatable mannequins for $12 each (plus a 10% discount), stuck one of those in there with a cheap bumble ball (about 3 bucks) and ... voila!

I think the bumble ball is a much more realistic look anyways. That shaking head on the guy in the video doesn't look scary. He just looks like he's riding in the back of a pick-up on a really bumpy road. LOL!

The dollar store near me carries the little bumbles with the weasel attached. Just rip the weasel off the ball and there ya' go.

·
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew someone would have the answer! THANKS! Ok so a Bumble Ball sounds like a great idea! Where in the bag should I put it? Near the top or acutally in the head? The head is hollow...its filled with some kind of stuffing...could I put it in there? Also, what do these bumble balls look like??
I wasnt absolutely sure that the price was great....I saw some on the internet for $35.00 (didnt have the severed head, more like a ghost severed head) and then I saw some more on other places (frightcatalog, and some others) for up to $89.00!:eek:
I am happy with the torso they gave me with it...its very sturdy and heavy, and had a heavy loop for hanging-very realsitic with the shape of the chest and leg area....I was thiking about buying an inflatable body for the city morgue bag and using the torso for another prop. The problem is that I am NOT at ALL HANDY! So anything that makes building my own prop a little easier makes me happy. So I kind of feel like I could get two props out of it...now just what to actually do with the torso!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts