·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with a recently purchased DD. A little history

I have purchased many downloads
I have 3 projectors. Older Epson and Toshiba and a off brand from Amazon
I use a Micca Speck on the older projectors and a USB drive

So I bought the new Christmas DD. My son has tried everything to get them to play and it will not play. He has used 3 different USB drives. 32gb and a brand new 64gb. The format he has used is FAT32 , EXFAT , and NTFS

Nothing is working. It will just say "playback failed"

There is nothing wrong with the projectors or the Speck. We have used the other DD and they work fine.

Please Please Help !

I have contacted Atmos but they are a little slow responding. I'm hoping someone here can help. Y'all have came to my rescue before :D

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Maybe there's something wrong with the Micca Speck. Put some files on the USB drive that you have used in the past and see if they play.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe there's something wrong with the Micca Speck. Put some files on the USB drive that you have used in the past and see if they play.
We have done that. I have a different Christmas DD that I am currently playing that was purchased last year. We tested it in all 3 projectors and both Miccas. It plays in all. But this new DD that I just purchased will not play. We have tried 3 different USB's also.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My question is have you used these flash drives before? The reason I ask this is that some devices don't recognize the higher sized flash drives. I have a couple devices like a dashboard camera and digital camera (older model) that only recognize a card up to 8 or 16 gig. Any higher and they don't work at all.

If that isn't the case, then you may have to encode your files. I use a Raspberry Pi and software to automatically play in a loop. I read on the help forum that some files need to be encoded to H.264. This is where I got mine and it's a free download: http://www.h264encoder.com/

Some I tried some files from their newer downloads and they worked perfectly. I had to encode the Ghostly Apparitions files because they didn't display correctly. That might be another issue, so give it a shot and see what happens.

Good luck!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My question is have you used these flash drives before? The reason I ask this is that some devices don't recognize the higher sized flash drives. I have a couple devices like a dashboard camera and digital camera (older model) that only recognize a card up to 8 or 16 gig. Any higher and they don't work at all.

If that isn't the case, then you may have to encode your files. I use a Raspberry Pi and software to automatically play in a loop. I read on the help forum that some files need to be encoded to H.264. This is where I got mine and it's a free download: http://www.h264encoder.com/

Some I tried some files from their newer downloads and they worked perfectly. I had to encode the Ghostly Apparitions files because they didn't display correctly. That might be another issue, so give it a shot and see what happens.

Good luck!
Hi Joven, 2 of the USB we have used before. The 64gb I just bought on Sunday. I will have my son try that. I'll let you know in a few hours. Thank you

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
At this point it could be that the new DD is a different format that isn't recognized by the Micca.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Well, we've pretty much covered everything I can think of, I'm out of suggestions. Hopefully Atmos gets back to you.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, we've pretty much covered everything I can think of, I'm out of suggestions. Hopefully Atmos gets back to you.
Thank you for your help. My son is still downloading? the h264 encoder. Im really hoping that works.

Its just really weird . I have purchased 17 downloads from them. This is the first one that has given us problems

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
The fact that the DD plays on your PC and your previous files play fine with the Micca Speck, there has to be something about the new DD that the Micca doesn't like.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts