Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing help...again LOL

We downloaded the Atmos videos on a USB. We did 2 different USB and they each have their own Atmos downloads. They were downloaded with Windows Movie Maker and encoded with k.264

USB 1 - Plays just fine. No issues

USB 2 - Will play in my newer projector that has a USB plug. It will also play on my laptop. Will not play in the older projectors that I need the Micca for. We tried more that one older projector. We know its not the projectors or Micca that is the issue because the other USB plays fine in them. We also tried putting it on a different USB and still will not play.

Any ideas on what the problem might be ?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
That's what I'm asking, the USB file is played by the Micca, not the projector. The projector simply projects the video signal, it doesn't play the file. Have you tried the Micca with the newer projector just to make sure it's actually playing the file?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I'm asking, the USB file is played by the Micca, not the projector. The projector simply projects the video signal, it doesn't play the file. Have you tried the Micca with the newer projector just to make sure it's actually playing the file?
Oh OK I see. I'm going to do that and let you know.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
J-man it did not work. We tried a different Micca and it still would not play. Could it be a corrupt file ?

Whats weird is that it will play when plugged directly into the projector but not play when plugged into the Micca

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
OK, we're making progress. Make sure the Micca's output is set to the correct video connection (the connection you're using to the projector) Also make sure the projector is set for that input. If that's all good and it still doesn't work, can you hook up the Micca to a TV and see if it plays?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, we're making progress. Make sure the Micca's output is set to the correct video connection (the connection you're using to the projector) Also make sure the projector is set for that input. If that's all good and it still doesn't work, can you hook up the Micca to a TV and see if it plays?
We checked and everything was set correctly. Connected it to the TV and it did not work. It stays at a blank screen. Which is what it does when it's connected to the Micca.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
We checked and everything was set correctly. Connected it to the TV and it did not work. It stays at a blank screen. Which is what it does when it's connected to the Micca.
OK, all things point to the Micca not being able to play that file. In your first post you said the file was H.264, later you said it was mp4, which is it?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GOOD NEWS !!! He got it to work. He used a converter program called Video Converter.

Also JMAN to answer the question the h264 was used to convert it. And it's on an mp4. I'm sorry if it's confusing. I'm the middle man. I know nothing about this electronic stuff and have my son doing it to which I try and explain it on here LOL

But thank you for all the help. You always come thru for me on these issues :D which I seem to have every year LOL

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great! Glad you got it working and happy to help!
JMAN I have another issue LOL

I noticed this last year and it's happening again this year. Some of the projections have a pink hue to them. It seems like the ones that have a blue in them have the pink hue. I even played the USB on my laptop and it has the pink hue.

Do you know why that might happen ?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
The fact that it looks the same on your laptop means it's not the projector, must be the video file. Not sure why.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The Micca might not support that particular mp4 file. It doesnt sound like a corrupt usb drive or file as the newer projector can easily play it. Perhaps run it through handbrake to create a new mp4 file that might be more compatible.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Micca might not support that particular mp4 file. It doesnt sound like a corrupt usb drive or file as the newer projector can easily play it. Perhaps run it through handbrake to create a new mp4 file that might be more compatible.
My son went to Colorado for a few days. When he comes back I will have him try this. Thank you for the tip

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I think maybe victor-eyd got in on this at the end and didn't realize you got it working. Your last question was in regards to the "pink" hue which you said shows on your laptop also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts