Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and thought you all would be the best to ask. I'm wanting to value my animatronic props as I may decide to sell some after this Halloween season. Most of them are Gemmy and all are in perfect working conditions.

Michael Myers H2O
Jason Vorhees
Freddy Krueger (standard talking)
Freddy Krueger ( with moving arm and his blades move individually as well)
Dr. Shivers (beaker missing)
Jeeves the butler
Frankenstein (brain exposed not sure what he is really called)
Mummy

Non gemmy
Limb ripper (werewolf)
Rising reaper
ScareTaker

If anyone has an idea of value that would be great.

·
redrum
979 Posts
I would say any of the older Gemmy (black oval base) figures range between $59 - $250 on CL and for sale boards. Ebay treats them like gold and you are talking up over $400.

I have almost all these figures and most if not all came from garage sales, CL and this buy and sell board.

You would expect to pay a little more for the early ones like Leatherface and the original Freddy..............

Just my .02

·
Registered
679 Posts
I see this a lot when people are selling stuff....especially used stuff. If you really want to sell them I would take what you paid for them and mark them at 75% of the original cost. I feel IMHO that people think they are worth more than they actually are, when in actuality they aren't. They are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Props, like anything else, are worth only what you can find someone willing to give you for them. People can ask anything for the things they sell, but if they can't find someone who agrees that it's worth that much, they're not going to sell. As someone already said, a lot of people think the things they have are worth a lot more than they actually are. I would never try to sell a used prop for more than 50% of that same item new, especially if the prop is still available for sale, because improvements have almost certainly been made. Homemade props are anyone's guess, of course.

·
Registered
370 Posts
It also depends if they're fully working and have the boxes too. Gemmy made 3 different versions of Jason. The 2007 Jason is probably the rarest and has a lot of hair compared to the later ones. The frankenstein is commonly called the "Brain Monster" due to his exposed brain. I do agree that the going price for them would be between $50-$250 each with the licensed ones in the higher range. I actually know a lot about Gemmy items so if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for the input. I honestly think the ones listed on eBay are insanely priced and I wound never pay close to that for a prop so I wouldn't list mine for sale at prices like that. I figured since you all are into these props I would get your opinions. Everything has a price but that is only what people are willing to pay. Thank you all again.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I've noticed props on ebay are waaay over priced. However if there are folks out there willing to pay what they are being sold for then I guess more power to them. I know I couldn't afford to buy most of them myself. I say you should ask about 50% less than what you originally paid for them, or for what they are going for now, if any of those props are still being made, depending on condition and rarity of the item. You can always go lower or accept a lower offer. If you sell of ebay, you could always put a reserve of what you feel is a fair price and if it sells for more than that, well more for you. If none of the bids meet your reserve, then you can set a lower reserve or sell to the highest bidder for whatever amount they offered if you feel it is fair.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Do not look at eBay listing prices. Look at the Sold listings, or at the very least, Completed. Doesn't matter how much someone is asking.

As far as the "ask 50%" advice, I wouldn't do that since it looks like they sell for more than they cost originally. No reason you should take a loss just to make someone else happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts