Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m stuck for ideas for these two garage facades. Which accessories (can be hanging or standing) can I add to make these a little more realistic?

I have two garage doors which are usually covered with a mausoleum and creepy candy sign. This year I’m doing pirates (half sunken ship in yard, mast, pipe of gold, skeleton pirates, etc.)

The facades on the two garage doors are pictured. (The one with the black bars isn’t fully assembled yet, but you get the idea). The one with the black bars is going to be open so I can have skeleton pirates inside with a black backdrop.

so I need help with two things:
1) I can’t decide if they both should be the jail or if one should be the general store and the other should be the jail. I guess they would need signs either way. What do you think?
2) which accessories can I add to make them more realistic?

Fixture Rectangle Wood Brick Composite material
Fixture Rectangle Wood Composite material Home door

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
  • A few barrels or boxes/crates of "supplies" (wine, flour, fabric, fruit bins, etc) set in front of your tavern/store
  • mugs/tankards on top of a table if you do a tavern, or empty wine bottles stacked up
  • a hitching post
  • a stockade with a skelly in front of your jail
  • lanterns or lamp posts
  • a few hooks with skeleton keys hanging from it at the jail
  • signs with names of the jail/shop/tavern or hours of operation
  • maybe some creepy cloth attached to the top, torn/shredded for some movement in the wind
  • a sheriff vest/hat hanging on a coat rack or hook near the jail
  • some WANTED signs plastered on the walls (aged, torn or personalized)
  • old shovels or pickaxes leaning against the walls, just for some dimension
  • skeleton rats or plastic ones sniffing around the crates

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
  • A few barrels or boxes/crates of "supplies" (wine, flour, fabric, fruit bins, etc) set in front of your tavern/store
  • mugs/tankards on top of a table if you do a tavern, or empty wine bottles stacked up
  • a hitching post
  • a stockade with a skelly in front of your jail
  • lanterns or lamp posts
  • a few hooks with skeleton keys hanging from it at the jail
  • signs with names of the jail/shop/tavern or hours of operation
  • maybe some creepy cloth attached to the top, torn/shredded for some movement in the wind
  • a sheriff vest/hat hanging on a coat rack or hook near the jail
  • some WANTED signs plastered on the walls (aged, torn or personalized)
  • old shovels or pickaxes leaning against the walls, just for some dimension
  • skeleton rats or plastic ones sniffing around the crates
Love these! Thank you so much.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did a crate with a damaged corner that had the back end of a rat sticking out of it. It was labelled "Ship's biscuits - guaranteed weevil free". Just a funny little joke throwaway thing.
I like the joke stuff. I thought about doing one of “mermaids tears” and putting ice in the bottom so it melts down the driveway :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts