Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

need your help once more.

Basically I bought 2 x 500watt halogen floodlights- got them mega cheap at 5pound for the 2.

however they get very hot so im not sure how to turn them into red and green floodlights...

does anybody have any CHEAP ideas on how to do it?
dont really want fire hazards on the bg night.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
painting on glass

Found a UK site that deals with glass paints.

The paint that has to be "baked on" would be perfect for a lightbulb application since it'll bake it just by being used.

Might take a few coats to get the color intensity the way you want depending on the transparency of the paint, but it would be the best solution I could think of.

:)

Hope you get some more experienced posters replying, tho. I'm not sure about how well the paint will wear. ;)

(And while the regular bulbs were cheap, you'll have to figure in the cost of the glass paint, the cleanup solvent, brushes, and time to get them the way you want versus the cost of just buying the colored floodlights off the shelf)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
painting on glass

Found a UK site that deals with glass paints.

The paint that has to be "baked on" would be perfect for a lightbulb application since it'll bake it just by being used.

Might take a few coats to get the color intensity the way you want depending on the transparency of the paint, but it would be the best solution I could think of.

:)

Hope you get some more experienced posters replying, tho. I'm not sure about how well the paint will wear. ;)

(And while the regular bulbs were cheap, you'll have to figure in the cost of the glass paint, the cleanup solvent, brushes, and time to get them the way you want versus the cost of just buying the colored floodlights off the shelf)

thank you so much will look into that!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts