Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have almost all of what AtmosFX offers for Halloween decorations, save for a few of the newer releases and all was well until we moved to our current home that has no double windows. The first year I got by with using what AtmosFX made available in vertical format, but then last year I bought Eerie Eyes and discovered that there were no files meant for vertical viewing (they have since added a disclaimer to their site for this release after I e-mailed support about it).

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck rotating and resizing videos meant for horizontal display to work in a vertical window? This idea stems from really wanting to find a way to use the Eerie Eyes vertically but really the idea of being able to use some of the other videos would be awesome too. I've been able to find a way to rotate the video but the size is way off... so I found a way to rotate and resize them, but then they look super distorted/fat/flat.

Any assistance/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've chatted with them about the lack of vertical stuff. They just don't make them often if at all now.

They suggest just doing it horizontal and only projecting the middle 3rd of the video on the window. That works for most of their affects, but doesn't sound like it would work for the one you want to use. If you want the full width and don't mind if it is small, you could give your windows a boarded up look at the top and bottom.

I just tested out the one with the 3 or 4 zombies clawing and pawing at white plastic on a window projecting on a vertical window and even though you only see one or two zombies in the middle 1/3 slice of the horizontal video, it is still quite impressive and keeps the people a realistic size.

If you want to play around with rotations and distortions on playback, I think VLC has the most options and is free.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have the same issue with the lack of some vertical files. With the video editing software (Wondershare Filmora), I was able to chop (make them bigger) and rotate (to vertical) videos. I have not tested them on my projector.

*I offered to send a copy of the 'Funny Faces Solo' vertical version video to AtmosFx but they rejected it. Did mentioned that they would pass along my feedback to their 'product team'.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very difficult. I had the EXACT SAME ISSUES with AtmosFX vids. I have a professional editing software, and you can turn it around but you have to mess with it to get the same resolution.

Not an easy fix.

Scarab

1 - 5 of 5 Posts