Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and I've come here seeking assistance in repairing a Gemmy Halloween prop I have. Its series name is "Grave Ravers" I'm sure you've all heard of it before somewhere. They're these small animated skeletons that dance and sing when the button on their base is pressed. I've had mine since about 2005, it sings "The Groove Line." However, it was put into storage in about 2009, and I recently uncovered it after all of these years. After examining it, I noticed a few things about it. The battery compartment has been corroded with battery acid (Taken care of), the left arm had been taken off of its gear, I'm assuming the glue gave way in the shoulder, and there is no movement whatsoever. Whenever I turn it on, it lights up and sings, but no movement at all. I can hear the motor or something whirring, but nothing is happening. Is there any way I can find the definite problem with it to get it moving again? Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I recently adjusted his arm a bit and it moves about a centimeter, still need to repair his arm and fix the body movement

·
Registered
1 Posts
No matter what Gemmy product, its always a broken gear. Tiny 8 tooth 5mill (i think) gear. I ordered about 100 of them from China. Im working on a grave/groovin prop now.

There are 2 motors. One in the base. This is the one that controls the side to side movement. I just did that repair. To me, this is the most critical repair because you expose the wires. Its so easy to accidentally break one off. The Gemmy factory workers do not know how to solder. Take pictures.
The second is under their clothes and in the body. Same stupid gear is always broken. This one controls his hands and bending forward/backwards. Im about to do that repair. Maybe I can take some pics.

Be careful opening up the gear boxes, they can pop out and its not fun figuring out how the gears went.

Also, look for the motor and rubber band. The broken gear is the one thats connected to the big pully (not visible, you gotta take it all apart).

The gears become brittle after time. Kids also force them to move, thus breaking the gears as well.

These same gears work on MULTIPLE Gemmy props. The bigger props have slightly bigger gears as well. I ordered a 100 of those as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts