Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for plans to build a pvc frame for a prop. Thinking of Jason, or Leatherface, I have the costumes, just need to build a simple pvc body.
I tried the search feature, but for some reason, I couldnt get it to work..
Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, Reaper try haunted Wisconsin.com. They have a section with what other people have built with a lot of how to's.

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,037 Posts
I've made many frames out of PVC for all kinds of props.... for life size... I use my arms and legs as references.... I use 90 degree angles on some parts and 45 degrees for others...
Use dry wall screws to hold it all together. ( that holds better than the glue and you can take it apart in future if you need.) I usually use 1/2" pvc.

anyway, its really really simple, you shouldn't have any problems with it. Just buy elbows, t's and x's...... and go for it !

If you need anything curved just a little..... the pvc can be bent when you apply heat. I use a propane torch. Dont apply the flame for very long, as the pvc burns really quickly.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Im doing my first PVC body now ............checkout My thread.....(groom Jacob)..........Its really easy like Lynn said just go crazy and use your own body for ref.........this body took 10 minutes really............the cutting is the longest thing.....................good luck

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thaqnks for the help guys, I work at a hardware store so I get a huge discount on pvc, the markup is unbeleavable!! I think Ill go with a pvc frame with chickenwire for the body!
Ill post some pics when finished, now off to find plans for a toe pincher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts