Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build a prop this year, Here is what it needs

4 channel outputs
a timer countdown for remaining time of the program
and most importantly and Emergency stop button
Program length 5 minute min

I have only programmed key bangers and the prop1 mystifies me on the programming. Is there something easy to program that would incorporate and e stop button.

I'm not sure if I want the E stop to just pause the program or reset the program. If i pause only--I would need a separate reset button.

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hello Kermat. My suggestion would be the Frightprops BooBox Flex. I think it will fit the requirements you have listed. It has up to 8 outputs, its has delays and timer controls, can handle your program run time, and two triggered inputs. You could use one for the trigger and one for a stop depending on what you are trying to accomplish with it. I have included a link to it. Best of luck and have fun!

http://www.frightprops.com/controllers-electronics/frightideas-controllers/boobox-controllers/boobox-flex-with-terminal-block-connectors.html

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
There's always great help available on the EFX-TEK forum for writing Prop-1 programs (as well as all of their products). Once you get a little help it's really pretty easy (and fun) to write code. Nothing wrong with using "Key Bangers" if that's what you're satisfied with but sometimes it's well worth the effort to nudge yourself out of your comfort zone.

·
Registered
127 Posts
J-MAN has it right, the prop -1 is the way to go. If you go to the forum and describe what you need someone will right it for you. I think that you can use Vixen to program with too. And I know someone was working on a simplified programmer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts