Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for help making intestines for a part of a haunt.. i would love for them to look attached to a person also. I am usally good at these things but i am drawing a huge blank.. has any one used the packi.g peanut way? Or even the nylon way? Ooo please help! Thanks:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the ideas.... I am using packing peanuts... Thanks to a makeup shipment my wife and I made... String them together and the using liquid latex and paper towels for the outside.... Looking wonderful will post pics afer I fin.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys... At last the guys that you all been watting for.... Please let me know what u think about them and dont hold back........ the pic has a before and after in the same pic.....

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yours look great! I know what I'm doing tonight!!!!
if you need help lets me know... Lets me also say that the haunt that I made them for... It grosses everyone out.. One tip is dont place the peanuts in the same order. Mix them up also find a board of wood and use that cause it will get messy. And when you are done with them use setting powder so the latex does not stick.to its self. Any more info let me know... And YES THEY ARE FLEXABLE!!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thanks for the tips! I'm sure they'll come in handy. I made them one year when I dressed up as Little Dead Riding Hood and had them spilling out my shirt, but I used panty hose and cotton. Best compliment I ever got was when I showed up to work dressed up and a co-worker told me I almost made him throw up. I plan on having a zombie display on my porch and using them for their dinner.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Back in the day (the 80's) when we needed some quick intestines, we would first find a long linoluem countertop or similar long flat smooth surface. On this we would paint a couple of layers of latex, tinted with a bit of reddish brown acrylic paint. After this dried, we would place strips of upholstery foam across the bottom edge of this latex layer. Then we would carefully and slowly loosen that edge of the latex so we could roll the latex membrane up around the strips of upholstery foam. The latex sticks to itself nicely, so what you have when you are finished is like a long red sausage thing, foam on the inside and latex skin rolled around the outside. You can powder the outside a little and then wash the powder off, that will remove the self-tackiness.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts