Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I built my house I wanted 2 more recessed cans on my bottom front porch but since gas lateens were there we did not. This is my first year decorating for halowween here and I decided to put the Philips Hue BR30s in the cans from a nice light effect. I am lacking in the bottom right spot tho because no cans. I want to just make something with a cheep porcilion light bulb base that I can wire to a extension cord and mount to the ceiling easy and safely. Something that I can leave some mounting things up year round like some screw one one side bolt thread on the other. Since you won't be able to see them I could just use some wing nuts to attach this contraption each year. Problem is I don't know exactly what I can do safely for outdoors…don't want to burn the place down lol. So what could I use…just a porcelain base mounted to a metal junction box and attach some L brackets so I can mount to the ceiling? Do I need a junction box at all…can I just wire up the porcelain bace to the extension cord and mount that so the bulb isn't hanging as low?

I was thinking I would mount this just in front of the lanterns. They will hang down further than the others so idk how it will look but I want to try something.

Pic for reference

Some other colors I tried out too….really digging the effect and will be able to use this for other holidays.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or would it look better if I had 2 lights shooting up from the garden and wall washing with color? I have some skeletons there now but want to do something like a rocking prop there eventually. And if so does someone know of a enclosed can type spiked fixture that fits par 16s? I think it needs to be enclosed…I don't know that the philips hue bulbs are "outdoor" so it needs to be protected.

·
black light queen
2,606 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to be able to use more Philips Hue bulbs in that spot so they are the same color and I can control them with my apps. Sometimes I have the lights solid...sometimes I have it "breath" cycles dim to bright...things like that. I also look at it as my main lighting for the area...I may use some of those spots on other things down the line tho thanks for the link!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts