Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all so like i was saying i need help make a Styrofoam spin i have never done anything like this but i want to try something new. I'm an Oct baby (well not a baby im 28 lol ) and my birthday is Oct 24 and i all ways have a Halloween party. This year i want to make a haunted house so i have 2 floors to work with in the main room im going to make it like a part from the saw movies or something like that and in the other room i want to do the part from the exorcist where Linda Blair she spin..

·
Registered
576 Posts
Get a motor to do the spinning part, there are several kinds:
- Wiper motor (go to the car junk yard or buy them from Monsterguts)
- Shiatsu massager ($8 at the thrift store)
- BBQ rotisserie motor (got mine on eBay for $10)

The wiper motor may require you to do some wiring. The shiatsu and rotesserrie was already wired and just had to be plugged in.

You can look at several of the tutorials on how to build, and glean the head-spinning mechanics from it. I made a head spin by putting a 3' long dowel into the socket of the rotisserie motor. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Easy-peasey. In an attic window, put a colored light along with a record player with a doll's head on it, spinning around and around. Nothing says creapy like a demented doll's head spinning 'round.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts