Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I am not very good at making costumes, but I really am going to try this year. I would like some advice if you can help. I am going to make a Horned cowl preferably like this

I was thinking of buying a black stretch hood and gluing the horns on. But if you all have some better ideas please share.

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,184 Posts
Well if you want the same helmet-ish look that piece has, you may want to consider either finding a cheap mannequin head about the size of your own head, or wrapping your head, not face, in plastic wrap and making a paper mache form fitted helmet.

When you have that you can build up some horns onto it or glue on some horns you like then attach the black fabric on the inside of the helmet.

You can also check out some Halloween/party stores and find some cheap plastic helmets that fit well enough and have a design you like and you can mount the horns to that.

That's the best I can think of at the moment, but if I get a better idea I'll let you know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rigidwrap plaster bandages are the easiest/cheapest way to make a quick and dirty mold of your head. Cover hair appropriately. You can shape the rigidwrap into the cowl shape you want, shape some horns, coat those bad boys in a lightweight spackle to smooth them, sand to smooth further, paint and gloss if ya want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts