Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members

I am trying to find the name of a movie that was played on television during the early 90's on television. I remember bits and pieces of it, but can't seem to remember the name. In the movie it has a pretty blonde girl wearing a some type of high school sweater, in fact I think she is a ghost who falls in love with a high school guy. I remember there being a graveyard scene towards the end of the movie, and maybe some zombies. I know it could not have been that gruesome because it had young children in it and it like a Halloween love story, because the girl leaves the guy to go back to the grave. Anyways if any of the members remember this movie or know the name can you please let me know. Thank you. or I may be just imagining the whole thing, but I remember watching it on television every October.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Could possibly be In The Midnight Hour. If I remember correctly, the girl was blonde and was a cheerleader in high school when she was alive.

·
Registered
211 Posts
EDIT: Nevermind :eek:

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,078 Posts
I looked up the Midnight Hour...some high school kids recite a spell in a cemetery which brings back a long dead witch and all the towns dead come back to life. The witch turns people into vampires, too. A mysterious girl named Sandy in a vintage cheerleader costume warns the group of high schoolers who did the spell, a guy named Phil being one of them, that the town is in danger...she's a ghost. They have to save the town from the curse.
Does that sound like the movie you are looking for?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Bigscary105, do your happen to recall them using "in the still of the night" as the theme song? If so, then it is "The Midnight Hour" as the others pointed out. The song is what I remember the most about that movie!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I loved that movie! I really wish it could be streamed somewhere besides youtube or released on dvd. Excellent cheesy made-for-tv Halloween entertainment!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,963 Posts
I think they were trying to capitalize on Michael Jackson's Thriller with all those zombies.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I think you're right. Especially with the vampires and zombies dancing down the stairs. Definitely some sparkly glove influence!

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Actually, the first movie that came to my mind was Susie Q, a Disney Channel movie. Also about a teenage ghost girl. It's cute.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
I've never seen The Midnight Hour... surprisingly. However, Bigscary, your description reminds me of a movie I saw one time. Can't remember the title but I believe it had to do with one of those old classic songs my dad listened to. Something like "Bobby Sue" comes to mind. I may be thinking of something completely different but figured I'd offer my thoughts in hopes of helping.

EDIT: Yep Susie Q is the movie I was thinking of. Also, I didn't notice there was another page to this thread, Lole! Sorry :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all so much, and it is the Midnight Hour. Now to get my hands on a DVD copy without paying $200. Again thank you for all your help. You ghouls are great!!!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,963 Posts
You know I didn't recognize the first box art that I found because this was the box art we had when I worked at the vid store back in the day:

That's from the $20 European/PAL format version of the movie. After seeing that art I totally remember this movie. I might youtube it just for the memories.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts