Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to go all out for Halloween with one of my family members. We would prep and prop all year long to put out massive displays of pirates and ghosts and mummies. Unfortunately, this year, that family member is no longer around. I had already made the costumes (haunted toys/dolls) but now I can't seem to find my Halloween spirit. I was thinking about skipping it this year. But I see all my neighbors' big displays and it's not the same this year but I think maybe I will put something out..

My theme is "haunted toybox." I'm struggling to find ideas, or have any of my own. It's just not the same. I don't want to use real dolls or toys because the doll costumes are life-sized, so everything is going to be big. I've painted some ABC blocks and have music to play. I'm considering just putting out something cutesy and Halloween and not themed. But I have a hard time letting this year pass without the big themed display we used to do :(

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,065 Posts
Sometimes you have to step back and do what you can with what you've got. So if that means a smaller display, maybe that's okay this year. You have a great start on NEXT year's theme and likely will knock it out of the park then.

So sorry things aren't as great for you this year, but don't let guilt or worry force you into putting yourself through the wringer to set up something huge and difficult if your heart isn't really in it.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I kept waiting for my money and spare time situations to improve but they never did. I'm still going to do a small walk-through on the 31st but much smaller than last year.

Hopefully I'll make up for it next year. Already have ideas that I'm more enthusiastic about than I am this year's display.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts