Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are in the process of planning a haunted "house" (really a section of a gym) for teens in recovery. it is in the treatment facility. we are responsible for a room. my "group" decided on a "torture room". we have very limited money and few items. we also have only until the 24th! it has to be ready and they can only let us in the week b4 to build set up etc.

can i get some cheap but scary ideas please!!! my real halloween experience is only related to a haunted corn maze i volunteer for.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Goddess what kind of recovery are the teens there for????

The reason I'm asking is if it's a medical facility well then you really would not need much just
just grab a bunch of every day used items form the supply room and then get some sort of fake blood

put up some sheets grab a gurney or two
you could even make fake body's and body parts with old cloths garbage bags and a blow dryer

just use your imagination and have fun with it

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Modern day torture or middle ages torture? :D

Dont the teens have any ideas?

You might want to think dungeon. I'm sure most of the teens play some sort of dungeon game on the xbox, computer, etc. I know most of our residents do lol Think shackles, moaning and groaning, skeletons, etc.

MsM

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
Could always make it a morbid DUI scene...where the doctor is torturing the patient after a wreck caused by alcohol.??? Just an idea, you can throw it out of the window if you like. Maybe even somehow display a wrecked car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh dear, that last one was scary! I wouldn't be able to handle that and since I am a teen, I think it would be safer just to go with ripping people's limbs off and using buckets and buckets of fake blood.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont think the treatment center would approve the car thing either. we are supposed to be showing them sober fun.

the kids arent doing the setting up, its just us lame parents.... hence the real lack of ideas. we are just lame.

i do so love halloween but havent ever been responsible for something like this...
just costuming

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
Torture rooms are always a good idea! I would hit up any yard sales you can find for anything you can change into a prop. Cardboard boxes go a long way also and can be free from local stores after they stock items. you can make a bunch of chains hanging from the ceiling with hooks made from wire coat hangers and cardboard. Spray some expanding foam on the hook and paint it.. instant goo effect. I made a torture rack from old fence posts put together with some used belts nailed to the rack to secure the victim. But most of all just keeping checking here as this is the best place to be. Good luck!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts