Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am new to all this but I am trying to Rear Project Dancing skeletons In my yard. I have a archway I am building of which I plan to Project onto to make them look as if they are really there in the Grave Yard.

The projector I have is a 3000 lumens projector for outdoor use.

Now here comes the issue. What material is best to use for outdoors? I plan to stretch the fabric over the arch. I would like the fabric not to show. I have seen some videos on it but no one tells the secret of WHAT Material. lmao

So if you could please help me.

Video of it working:

Store:

Material Name:

Price:

How you Used it in the display(aka How you stretched it to fit):

Thank you all for the help in advance.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Justice, i have had really good success using simple black landscape fabric, the kind you can buy at HD. NOT the plastic type stuff but the sort of, woven cloth you can get. It's semi see-thru and it camouflages well at night time PLUS your projector will throw images onto it from either side (whether projecting onto it OR through it). The big plus is that a roll of this stuff costs next to nothing and you can fold it up after use and it's good for more seasons. I thumbtack this cloth to my front windows and project through it every year......but i have yet to try it outdoors, something i may try this year......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome

Droidsteve

Okay so what material is this? the store? name of the product?

I know what its suppose to look like. Need actual product name etc.. otherwise I have to suck it up and purchase the expensive stuff off of atmos fear fx

·
Registered
8 Posts
A roller coaster fan page I follow is giving away an AtmosFEARfx Digital Decorating Starter Kit, featuring Night Stalkers and Ghostly Apparitions Digital Decorations, as well as AtmosGEAR Window Projection Material. All you have to do is send in a photo of how you decorate for Halloween, and for us, that's easy! :D

Check it out! http://coasterinsanity.com/?p=448

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look for a "Scrim Screen"...scrim is often used for lighting (both in front of and behind). It's very good for light projection. Use white for best results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts