Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wanting to find a new way to hang/mount my 48" Blacklight. i still live with my parents because well, i am only 19 lol. so they say "it is not recommended" that i drill holes in the porches walls. sooo i have to figure out a way to mount it. the wall texture is i guess called Stucco? soo im in need of help if i wanna create a small blackout/UV lighted room. any ideas welcome. :rolleyes: thanks!
406490_480837948607107_887885253_n.jpg

541102_480837881940447_1733365255_n.jpg

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
You might try the Command strip hooks:

http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/Products/Catalog/?N=4294553412+5924736&rt=r3

I don't know what type of holes/mounting bracket your blacklight has, but they have hooks that are supposed to not damage walls and claim to hold decent weight depending on the size of the hook.

I'd take a look at the different types and weight ratings and maybe get some to try it out. Only thing is, you'll also need to make sure the cord is out of the way so no one yanks on it or trips over it... might get some hooks to run it around the opening, or even get some painters tape. NOT regular masking tape - go to the hardware store and ask for PAINTER's TAPE as it has a low tack and should be safe to really tape down the cord without damaging the walls either.

Test both in an dark corner just to see if it does anything to the surface tho!!

·
Evil Wizard
2,168 Posts
You mentioned that you want to create a blackout room in the front entryway. If you use wooden 2x4s to build a framework, then you can both A) mount the blacklight directly to one of the header pieces and B) hang black landscaping fabric or similar material to enclose that area.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a doorway/walkway that is very similar. I bought two shower curtain rods, which can adjust to different lengths by twisting it. I painted them black. I then place them between the two walls and twist them until they tighten up between the walls. It can't hold a lot of weight, but should easily be able to hold up a black light.

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
Just my two cents. Command hooks won't stick to stucco well enough to hold your blacklight above your ToTs. They need a relatively flat surface to adhere. I like the 2x4 frame idea. I would essentially build a frame around the door and then at the top corners attach two 2x4s so that they butt up against that entry way beam being careful to build above the porchlight. If you use Simpson Strong Ties and wood screws you could easily take it up and down year after year.

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all! :) I really appreciate the help. I think I'm going to go with the Less costly option which is the shower curtain idea :) all others are great though. But I picked the less costly lol thanks again everybody and happy haunting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts