Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this year my boyfriend is going as Tallahassee from ZombieLand....and we want him to be able to have a banjo slung over his shoulder.....but we don't want to buy a real banjo....and all toy banjos don't look realistic....

So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I can create a semi-realistic looking banjo....it doesn't have to look perfect, but I want people to be able to tell what it is, and I don't want it too flimsy so it wont fall apart.

Any ideas would be appreciated! :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm thinking foam board painted to look like wood, and wood for the neck.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking foam board painted to look like wood, and wood for the neck.
Yeah I was contemplating using foam board...it's pretty sturdy without being too much of a pain to cut and stuff :p I used the same stuff when I made an Edward Scissorhand costume a few years back for the "scissor hands"

·
Crunchitize Me Cap'n
1,654 Posts
I like the idea of being a character from Zombieland (great movie). As far as building a banjo... Almost need like a pot or something like that? The body is so thick/deep/tall. I'm stumped at the moment, but if you figure it out please post pictures of the finished product and the complete costume

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the idea of being a character from Zombieland (great movie). As far as building a banjo... Almost need like a pot or something like that? The body is so thick/deep/tall. I'm stumped at the moment, but if you figure it out please post pictures of the finished product and the complete costume
I definitely will haha...it's just one of those things you don't think about making for a costume until you need it haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts