Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I saw a post last fall from someone who had made a skeleton horse out of that pink foam insulation that they had glued up and then carved with a foam knife. For the life of me I can't find it again and I am hoping to make one. Does anyone know who posted it or where I can find it? I think it was a woman who made it and I remember that she had trouble with the hooves. When she figured out how to make them, they were fabulous (as was the whole thing). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any chance that it was this thread for this guy?:

View attachment 205319
Thanks so much! This might be it. I saw so many things last fall and now I am trying to remember what they all were. This one looks great. I do remember one that had separate hooves that someone carved and then attached but I can't find it. This will be great to get me started. Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my gosh!!!! I have never seen this before and it is fabulous!!! Thanks so much for posting the link. This is the horse I would love to make. I don't think I can replicate the skill level but I am going to give it a shot. I have the horse skull so I am excited to start.

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Once again amazed by the Forum Members.
A member asks about a Full size horse skeleton and within 24 hrs , pictures and links are posted.
How does anyone begin to describe the members here, to a nonmember/nonlurker?

·
Registered
503 Posts
It's true.
My Aunt has a horse head skeleton that she says I can have for my display as she's cutting back her own display.
Might be the start of a horse prop.
On another note, for years I've passed this small plaza with a fiberglass horse out front. I think there used to be a Tack shop there years ago.
Anyways, it looks like the property may be going up for sale as the businesses are all moving out. I hope to contact someone connected to it and see if they want to sell the horse - that's if it's a reasonable price. He's kinda weathered over the years but he'd look so good with my headless horseman. Of course my husband is not too enthusiastic about it, especially storing it. I think he'd look great in my backyard garden for the rest of the year!

Fiberglass Horse.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts