Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a talking Crypt Keeper this year but stupidly, I forgot to check to see if sounds were available first! I've found a few sound boards, but they were pretty lame. What I really need is the audio track spencers used to sell years ago. Can anyone help me out?

thanks in advance, and remember, I need it pretty quick!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have both of the cassettes that came with my talking Crypt Keeper. If I knew how to dulicate them and/or get them on the computer I would.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

If you've never done it before though, it can be quite a chore. Basically what you do is get a stereo cable (like a headphone cable, but with the plug on both ends) hook it into the mic or line in on your computer and to a cassette player, play the whole cassette and record it on your pc via software, perferably something that records to mp3 on the fly as wav files eat up a lot of space.

It's a pain in the butt when it comes to tapes or records because, as they are analog, you have to record in real time, which means you have to play the whole tape.

I totally understand if you don't want to do it. Probably not enough time to get it ready this halloween anyway.

Guess I'll just do my best crypt keeper voice and record a goofy message for the kids.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks.

If you've never done it before though, it can be quite a chore. Basically what you do is get a stereo cable (like a headphone cable, but with the plug on both ends) hook it into the mic or line in on your computer and to a cassette player, play the whole cassette and record it on your pc via software, perferably something that records to mp3 on the fly as wav files eat up a lot of space.

It's a pain in the butt when it comes to tapes or records because, as they are analog, you have to record in real time, which means you have to play the whole tape.

I totally understand if you don't want to do it. Probably not enough time to get it ready this halloween anyway.

Guess I'll just do my best crypt keeper voice and record a goofy message for the kids.

Oh, that's simple. I have a brand new stereo cable. And I have a program called audacity on my computer that records mp3's really fast.

(And I most certainly don't have a problem listening to the entire Crypt Keeper cassettes, haha.)

I can do that for you on tuesday or so. I just need to get some batteries for my cassette player because the cord decided to dissapear. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds, good thanks! I think I'm gonna break the puns into seperate tracks that way they can be put onto a ipod/cd player ect and set to random. I'll post those for anyone who wants them once I'm done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty good. I'll post pics this weekend, but honestly the camera had a hard time taking pics due to the wierd lighting I had going on. No video too unfortuantely as the firewire port on this pc has went all wonky on me. :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just got my hands on one of the old Spencer's Life Size Crypt Keeper props but he doesn't have the cassette player. So these sound files will really come in handy.

Thanks so much for taking the time to record and share them!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just got my hands on one of the old Spencer's Life Size Crypt Keeper props but he doesn't have the cassette player. So these sound files will really come in handy.

Thanks so much for taking the time to record and share them!
No problem! Glad I could help! :)

Congrats on getting a Crypt Keeper! They're hard to come by these days. Mine sits in my barstool chair year round in my bedroom.

·
Registered
161 Posts
OMG Thank you soo much for posting these files! i know you posted them in 2008 but i was looking all over the web for them and lo and behold it brought me back to the forums lol. now i can bring my crypt keeper back to life! thanks again!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
Thank you for the file shares, now if I could just find a crypt keeper. My wife just bought me season 1 and 2 this October and I love this show.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welp. Year after year it looks like your dold post continues to help other people who endnup with this prop. I guess im the candidate for 2012.
I just bought mine for amazingly cheap... a local woman was selling a truckload of her halloween props including a "cassette playing mummy".
Needles to say i almost sh*t a brick when i saw that it was the crypt keeper. I dont think she knew what she had.
I brought him home and cleaned him up and put him back together..works great! Just sidnt have the sou d bytes.
Once again i really appreeciate this!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welp. Year after year it looks like your dold post continues to help other people who endnup with this prop. I guess im the candidate for 2012.
I just bought mine for amazingly cheap... a local woman was selling a truckload of her halloween props including a "cassette playing mummy".
Needles to say i almost sh*t a brick when i saw that it was the crypt keeper. I dont think she knew what she had.
I brought him home and cleaned him up and put him back together..works great! Just sidnt have the sou d bytes.
Once again i really appreeciate this!

Wow, lucky find! That's awesome! I'm glad I could help with the audio! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts