Halloween Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have been lurking on this forum for the past week and decided to join today. I need help in selecting LED lights for a thunder & lightning controller. I will soon purchase the FireFly FF-511.

I already have two 500-watt powered speakers that will provide powerful and convincing thunder sounds. What I am trying to do is buy LED lights without breaking the bank. My wife and I plan on having a big halloween party this year and want to have spectacular thunder and lightning effects to attract all of the parents and children in the neighborhood to stop by on Haloween night. I have read so many threads on this forum and am simply overwhelmed with all of the different approaches.

We want to light-up the front of the house, as well as the front yard (which is small). Four 500-watt halogen lights is the easiest setup, but that kind of power could trip the circuit breaker. LED lights would solve that problem. Here are my questions:

Which *specific* LED lights do you use to achieve superior lightning effects? Do you use the expensive ProLight sold by LightsAlive? Do you use a series of smaller LED bulbs? If so, please provide *specific* lights with links to amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. If you are using LED bulbs, how many do you use?

I have read a multitude of posts on how people use bulbs, which are considerably cheaper. If you can provide specifics, you will be helping not only me but also all of the newbies who have similar questions.

Thanks for your help! :D

Vailen

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Four 500 watt halogens would draw just under 17 amps @120 volts if they are all lit. If you have a 20 amp circuit that you can use you'll be fine. You could go with 200 watt halogens. Still plenty bright (and cheap). :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts