Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone , this year we will not be making our traditional cemetery as the haunted manor is taking a rest but instead are doing a witch lair , haunted forest , pumpkin king in a pumpkin cemetery with old wood crosses etc .....

what i need help with is i saw many haunts in here and dont remember who they are that made old fencing like old bleached white wood fence or like snow fencing (it is lower in height) that wore crooked , i am looking for pictures and how too's on how you made them .....i am NOT looking for black iron fencing type of fence , but old rustic rural type( picket fence ? ) ideas .

thanks in adavance for all the help and pictures :)

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,758 Posts
My fence was one of my best deals ever....I bought 6 rolls (90 feet) on clearance at Home Depot for about $24 total. It came white. I bought a quart of some nasty green at Home Depot from the mismatched paints for $1 and tinted it with a little black at home.

I rolled the fence out on the ground and randomly applied the paint with a sponge. I think it turned out really well. Funny thing is, instead of looking like a white fence with paint on it, it looks like most of the white has come off and the darker spots are exposed wood. :D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes those are the fence type i am looking into , one question how does it stand up ? are their some post longuer to put in the grounds to hold it up ? i saw this last year but they wore very green, they wore snow fencing , i dont know if those are out yet in stores here will have a look this week .....thank you both for the pictures :)

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,758 Posts
yes those are the fence type i am looking into , one question how does it stand up ? are their some post longuer to put in the grounds to hold it up ? i saw this last year but they wore very green, they wore snow fencing , i dont know if those are out yet in stores here will have a look this week .....thank you both for the pictures :)
I just used pieces of steel rebar about 18 inches long. Just hammer it into the ground behind the fence where needed and wire it to the nearest picket. You can't even see it when you are done :D

Best thing about this fence is that after Halloween, you just roll it up.. ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Here's a pic of my fence. The pic only shows a partial fence; was doing a trial run.:D
I bought pickets at lowe's, 25 for $10. I glued a small piece of pvc pipe on the bottom of every 5-6 pickets. will pound a dowel in the ground and slip the pvc over it. also, placed an eye hook at the end of each parallel board and will zip tie them together.
Terra also has a great looking fence in her album (which is where I stole the idea for mine). Look under the Beloved Tutorial Album.
good luck!!:)

C

·
0 Posts
Ooops.. Terra's fence is under her Graveyard Album. sorry for the confusion/ :)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I believe Johnnyappleseed posted pics of his fence along with the columns he was building. I think its the kind of fence you are looking for.

MsM

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Here's a shot of mine that Cathy was talking about.

I got the rolls at Lowe's and made them a bit higher off the ground two ways. First, I staked in tomato stakes and then lifted the fence about 6" from the ground and screwed it into the stakes. Then I pulled up any loose pickets so they gave you that up and down cadence. Casually sprayed the pickets with black spray paint, then a camo greenish paint and finally some stone texture spray paint that I had leftover. Threw on some black cheesecloth, webbing, fake moss, sticks and some fake crows here and there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts