Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have determined that I need a need heater, 38$ if I buy from Chauvet. My question to you is do I have a cheaper option. I would need two heaters so I'm looking at $76 plus tax. Chauvet is local so I can pickup.

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
I was going to look and make sure that the Chauvet buyback was still active before commenting about it. As near as I can tell, it still is.

Take a look at this thread I started last year Sychoclown...

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/73831-interesting-chauvet-hurricane-1250-observations.html

I discovered the heater problem and Otaku and Craig hammered Chavuet until they owned up and agreed to take the foggers back. You'll need to contact Rasheen Williams ([email protected]) at Chauvet. He's going to ask for a picture of the serial and model number sticker on the bottom of each fogger. They should give you $149.99 for each fogger you turn in.

Good luck!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ditto

OpenTrack is correct. Mine is being picked up today. I committed to by the 1300 Hurricane when I spoke to Rasheen. He says this unit is very good.

·
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot for that info , Opentrackracer I have read that thread . I've been reading anything I could find in 2 forums.I emailed Rasheen asking what I had to do to take advantage of that program . I added a .com to that email address provided , I hope that was correct.

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
You went with another Chauvet eh? They're quoting twice the output on the 1300 compared to the 1250 which I find interesting. They no longer publish the heater specifications so there is no way to know what's in there without testing. I'll be very curious to hear what you think once you have it.

Sorry about the e-mail address Sychoclown! I've fixed it in the original post.

·
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How good are they about responding , I emailed this am no word yet.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I will let you know.

You went with another Chauvet eh? They're quoting twice the output on the 1300 compared to the 1250 which I find interesting. They no longer publish the heater specifications so there is no way to know what's in there without testing. I'll be very curious to hear what you think once you have it. /QUOTE]

OpenTrack

I will order the Hurricane as soon as I get the check. The specs indicate some healthy wattage. Over 1300, so figuring 50 watts for the pump, thats 1250 watts for the heater.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I will order the Hurricane as soon as I get the check. The specs indicate some healthy wattage. Over 1300, so figuring 50 watts for the pump, thats 1250 watts for the heater.
Except that, for the Hurricane 1250, sold with a published spec of a 1200 watt heater, they put in a heater that was either 750, 800, or 850, depending upon when your Hurricane 1250 was built. Likewise, they did the same with other models they sold.

While the new 1300 might be a "better" unit, there is no way I believe that the machine will meet any spec they publish, especially one which claims twice the rated output of the Hurricane 1250. The machine is built offshore, under contract. There is no published standardized test for what constitutes fog volume. When asked by Chauvet to provide the specs for their volume claim, they said they relied upon the manufacturer's claims. My own testing, using a scientific defintion of what constitutes "fog" versus "mist", ideal interior conditions, and Froggy's swamp juice, showed the Hurricane 1250 to be over-spec'd by a VERY wide margin.

I'd look at the VEI foggers as an alternative. My $0.02.

Craig

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Ditto what Craig sez. My next large fogger will definitely be a VEI (after I convince my wife...).

I do notice that they're publishing power consumption specs for the unit, but not specifically for the heater.
http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products/manuals/f-1300_UG.pdf
Based on my experience with these guys, I don't buy it. The wattage draw can be verified, of course, but since they don't spec the heater individually, so what. The output volume is probably the "squishiest" spec to try to verify (although Craig did a pretty good job), and Chauvet has no idea how to do it. It surprises me that Chauvet would sign off so easily on the unverified manufacturer's claims when they're the ones who will have to answer for the potential false advertising.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts