Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I do not have a ton of time to dedicate to my Halloween setup this year but I a determined to do my annual 2 car garage haunt the TOTs are depending on me. So last year in my haunt I had a doll room..so I thought this year I could just expand that to the whole haunt. My haunt is a maze 6 rooms/vignettes. Here's my idea..I'm drawing a blank on 2 rooms...that being said I'm thinking about buying the Roaming Rose Red but not sure where she fits or what I can do with her.

Room #1 is a long hall- was going to keep it dark maybe some flicker lighting and run a track of a little girl whispering and/or come play with me
Room #2 - will be dolls dead and creepy all over the walls and i have the girl on the swing from spirit to place prominently
Room #3- will be the undead toys plan feature will be a tricycle that moves "by itself "
Room #4 - empty kind of small so no big props
Room #5 - will be the nursery, rocking chair and a crib that will shake along with some normal nursery items
Room #6- exit empty kind of small again so nothing too big

Any feedback or ideas suggestions to get me out of my block so I can start shopping would be great!!!

And go..........

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I find it difficult to tell others what to do with their haunt...it sounds like you have a theme so search the forum for similar themes and get some ideas there.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'll throw out a few suggestions, since you asked. If you want to expand the doll theme to the whole haunt, maybe you could think about a "themed" dolls room for the other spaces. Like, if you did up a bunch of dolls to look like witches, you could make a witches' scene with a cauldron, potions, broomsticks, etc. Or, if you like vampire dolls or zombie dolls or dolls that have been taken apart by a mad scientist and then have insect parts instead of arms or something. Ha! Or you could recreate a favorite scene from a scary book or movie using dolls.

Or maybe make a room or area with a bunch of doll heads just painted white with LED lights or glow sticks to make the eyes glow - I'm sure you've seen that kind of thing before. It would be spooky if you had a bunch of them! A similar option - get a bunch of doll arms & legs & dangle them from string or fishing line from the ceiling so people will sort of bump against them.

Along the lines of the cabbage patch dolls, maybe have a pumpkin patch with creepy dolls emerging out of the pumpkins.... anyways, you could go a lot of ways! Good luck to you & hope to see photos!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Maybe a nanny's room or a school room as if the 'kids' have a live in tutor? Rose Red could be a part one of these.

I do love the idea Jenn and Matt had for hanging the doll limbs. :)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
A mini bowling lane with doll heads for the bowling balls and severed doll arms and legs for "Pins". (Sticking "Up") Waving?
For a grand finale have a cute,pretty doll dressed correctly smiling and being nice,then her head spins around to show a terrible evil face she keeps usually hidden, just like real people do!
You could make some really crude pioneer dolls, which could be very scary because they look nothing like mini-people,more of a cross between a piece of wood that somehow has some facial features,but not normal enough for a child to identify with on a normal plain of existence.As from a Bad , fevered dream instead.
On some of my house tours here I mention how "Mr. Warloch-Psychic " said there was a "Body behind the wall of the wine cellar.
He was right, behind that wall is a cistern (dry) and at the bottom of it is the lower half body of a plastic female mannequin, so "Mr.Warloch-Psychic is now doing research at the "Ken-Barbie and G. I. Joe Institute in the Half-missing Persons Division!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts