Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm busy working on another project for my Frankenstein Monster Lab for this year..."The Monster Himself!"

My plan is to build the body with Spiderhill's pipe armature. Picked this up at MHC. :)
I've got the Monster's head already. Purchased the Universal series mask and foam filled it. I really like the way that turned out.
I'll pick up some proper clothing at the thrift store.
I'm planning on sculpting the boots from foam (using my Hotwire Foam Factory tools. Love these things)

But what I really want are some "proper" looking monster hands/arms to get that right look. Obviously they have to look like the ones from the 1931 movie. I don't want to just buy any old monster gloves and slap them on. I'm a bit particular.

I've thought about making some myself, but I really don't think I have the time. So I'm looking to buy.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

~Cheers!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The original monster didn't have monster hands. They were just Karloff's or Strange's hands. What I would suggest would be getting a pair of those cast latex hands they sell at the higher-end prop sites and on ebay. Then airbrush them with acrylic paints to whatever color you want them to be.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are my latest human looking monster hands cast in latex out of plaster mold.
Now that's what I'm talking about. I really like those. Do you happen to offer them for sale?

What I'm really looking for is something like these. (found the pic on the internet. Don't know who made them)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts