Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want this basically:
Lighting F/X Box

I just don't wanna pay that much for it. Is there any other way to accomplish what this box does for cheaper? I don't want a "home depot" flicker bulb, its not powerful enough. What I want to be able to do is plug in my lamp into something with my regular 40-60 watt bulb and have it flash like my room is haunted. Oh and I dont care if it flashes to music. It can flash to whatever the hell it wants to for all I care

Any advice?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have an old hardware store nearby that sells flashers that you simply plug into the wall outlet, and then your lamp into it. Where are you located?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I run two 50 watt bulbs off one FS-5 without a problem, just remember the lifespan of the starters are about a month running 4 or 5 hours a day (with the wattage I'm useing) Also thats why it flickers because it won't start..:)

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
I just received two of the Christmas Tree FX boxes from LTD/ABC. They are the same as the Lightning FX boxes. I'll be spray painting mine black tonight. The only problem for ordering is lead time. If you order today you MIGHT have it by Halloween but I wouldn't count on it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I bought all the parts I needed from that youb build it website. I followed the instructions and it doesnt work. My light bulb just lights up, but doesnt flash.
I plugged in my lamp to the extension chord I modified. Just an FYI, which I think is the right way to do it?

Anyone else with this experience?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts